The purpose of this position is to coordinate events at the Allen Event Center. This is accomplished by coordinating activities with City staff and third party vendors and assisting Allen Event Center staff and participating in the planning, preparation and execution of events. Other duties may include assisting with determining event costs and diagramming event configurations. This position does not provide direction to other employees.
Please Note: This position requires the ability to work a flexible schedule that includes working evenings, nights, weekends and some holidays. The Facility schedule is composed of seasons of three professional teams (Hockey, Soccer and Football), the Texas Stampede Rodeo, Lone Star Conference Basketball Championship Tournament and various concerts and floor shows.
The information listed below is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this position.
- Coordinates event planning and execution by researching, problem solving, communicating through email and meetings, answering questions, conducting pre-event walkthroughs and creating event recap documents. Also assists in ensuring event execution is conducted per agreed contracts.
- Coordinates with City of Allen Police and Fire Departments to ensure appropriate staffing and event safety.
- Assists in monitoring events during preparation and execution to addresses issues that may arise by providing Guest Services support for with crowd control and ensuring patrons and vendors follow Event Center rules.
- Creates and maintains working relationships with clients, tenants, exhibitors, patrons and City of Allen staff by coordinating and participating in client and vendor meetings.
- Creates and maintains event records by assisting with the development of event pricing and tracking of event costs.
- Obtains and distributes production advance documents by contacting promoters and production managers to obtain event information. Modifies and revises production advance documents as necessary.
- Creates and builds event layouts by communicating with Production Coordinator and Booking Manager regarding details, scaling and dimensions for the event. Modifies and revises as required.
Formal Education / Knowledge
Work requires knowledge of a specific vocational, administrative, or technical nature which may be obtained with a two year associate's degree, diploma or equivalent from a college, technical, business, vocational, correspondence school or equivalent experience in large scale event coordination or related field in lieu of education. Appropriate certification may be awarded upon satisfactory completion of advanced study or training. Acceptable degrees are Hospitality, Business, or closely related field.
One year of relevant experience in arena events or large scale productions.
Certification and Other Requirements
Valid Texas Class C Drivers License
Advanced - Ability to read literature, books, reviews, scientific or technical journals, abstracts, financial reports, and/or legal documents. Ordinarily, such education is obtained in at the college level or above. However, it may be obtained from experience and self-study.
Intermediate - Ability to deal with system of real numbers; practical application of fractions, percentages, ratios/proportions and measurement. Ordinarily, such education is obtained in high school up to college. However, it may be obtained from experience and self-study.
Advanced - Ability to write editorials, journals, speeches, manuals, or critiques. Ordinarily, such education is obtained in at the college level or above. However, it may be obtained from experience and self-study.
Receives general direction: The employee normally performs the job by following established standard operating procedures and/or policies. The employee may choose the appropriate procedure or policy. Performance is reviewed periodically.
Supervisory / Organizational Control
Job has no responsibility for the direction or supervision of others.
Work requires analysis and judgment in accomplishing diversified duties. Requires the exercise of independent thinking within the limits of policies, standards, and precedents.
Interpersonal / Human Relations Skills
Work may require providing advice to others outside direct reporting relationships on specific problems or general policies. Contacts may require the consideration of different points of view to reach agreement. Elements of persuasion may be necessary to gain cooperation and acceptance of ideas.
City of Allen, TX - 15 months ago