Requisition ID: 65042
- Organization: Svc - HR
- Location: Reston, VA
Administers the management and execution of internal and external programs and events in support of Bechtel University. Will work with the Manager, Demand Planning & Events to develop BU event policies and procedures and to analyze the global BU learning experience. Event & Facilities Planner will manage the Reston BU classrooms, and work to build partnerships with global Bechtel facilities currently utilized for instructor led courses. Performs duties exercising discretion and independent judgment. Performs research and special assignments as assigned. May direct the activities of others. Coordinates and monitors work flow and quality of work within assigned area.
Supervision Received – reports to and receives operational and functional guidance from Bechtel University Manager of Demand Planning and Logistics.
Supervision Exercised – may supervise others, providing operational and functional guidance to colleagues
Contacts – maintains regular contact with appropriate levels of Bechtel organization, including business unit, function, service organization, office, and project management; maintains regular contact with client/vendor representatives on a variety of internal and external issues.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
Plans and executes training workshops and management meetings, to include but not limited to the following:
· Research both domestic and international locations; recommend venue options, which may include site inspections and Request for Proposal (RFP) submittals, working with Procurement and Contracts to process the necessary contractual documents.
· Serve as direct point of contact for instructors, vendors, and participants concerning meeting specifications, catering and audio visual needs, and requirements such as space layout, preferences, registration, confirmations, cancellations, schedules, cost summaries, and RFPs.
· Handle all logistical arrangements with venue including: room requirements, audio visual arrangements, catering, accommodations, computer equipment.
· Develop and coordinate all correspondence related to meetings and workshops including: invitations, collection of attendee information, distribution of pre-reads and other pre-requisites; assigning table facilitators and developing seating assignments; invitation and coordination with senior speakers; finalizing agenda and instructor team and enrollment of attendees.
· Responsible for changes to PowerPoint presentations; coordinate printing of training materials; collate materials and shipment to venue.
· Issue certificates of completion to attendees and input of training credit in Bechtel University.
· Travel with instructor team to various venues and be responsible for running presentations, grade and record pre and post test results. Coordinate with venue staff during workshop to ensure all requirements are met.
· Manage payment of invoices; submit attendee recoveries to general ledger. Monitor overhead budget to ensure proper charges.
· Ordering and compiling of training and recruiting materials (e.g., awards, gifts and training materials and equipment, as needed).
· Provide input and work to develop event policies and procedures for BU.
· Responsible for other duties as required by Manager of Demand Planning and Logistics, including, but not limited to, the coordination of BU Leadership Team meetings, including agenda development, distribution of materials, venue recommendation, audio visual equipment and catering requirements.
· BA/BS degree plus 5 years (or a minimum 10+ years without degree) work experience in a similar role.
· Ability to travel both domestically and internationally for extended periods of time.
· Ability to work overtime on an approved/as-needed basis.
· Prior corporate event planning experience including experience in venue selection and contract negotiations.
· Excellent computer skills to include ability to use Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
· Strong written, analytical, and verbal skills with the ability to communicate with managers, and employees.
· Effective interpersonal skills.
· Must be able to work in a fast paced environment.
· Ability to work independently as well as within a team with flexibility and the ability to respond to changing priorities.
· Ability to extract, compile and analyze non-technical and semi-technical data for complex reports.
· Demonstrated knowledge of all administrative functions and Bechtel's organizational structure, functions and procedures.
· Experience in the monitoring and control of department overhead budgets and financial reports.
· CMP Certification.
Skill Group/Skill/Proficiency Level
Office Automation/Microsoft Excel/Advanced
Office Automation/Microsoft Outlook/Expert
Office Automation/Microsoft PowerPoint/Expert
Office Automation/Microsoft Word/Advanced
Non-Technical/Manage Process Improvement/Advanced
Non-Technical/Decision Making, Problem Solving/Advanced
Interpersonal/Effectiveness & Self-Management/Advanced
Interpersonal/Demonstrate Self Sufficiency/Advanced
Interpersonal/Interpersonal Negotiation & Collaborating/Advanced
Interpersonal/Plan, Prioritize & Schedule Work/Advanced
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, procurement, and construction companies in the world. We stand apart for our ability to get the job done right- no matter how big, how complex or how remote. The reliability of our performance, the enduring quality of our projects, the strength of our ethics, and the seriousness of our commitment to safety and sustainability are evident in everything we do. Bechtel delivers for its customers what others can only promise.
Build your career as you build some of the most challenging and complex projects in the world today.
Bechtel is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer (AA/EOE).
Bechtel - 17 months ago
Bechtel (www.bechtel.com) is a global engineering, construction and project management company with more than a century of experience on...