Absolute Event Solutions (AES) is filling positions for Events & Promotions Coordinator responsible for coordinating event activity within designated AES projects. This includes the planning, sales, coordination and execution of events including but not limited to the following event related activities; vendors, event venue relations, logistics, rentals, procurement, budgets, marketing, media relations and sponsorship execution. This position is also responsible for the coordination and execution of promotions in support of the AES projects and events. The Events & Promotions Coordinator should have a passion and love for events and promotions and having fun!
- Excellent customer service skills to both internal and external customers
- Take charge professional with ability to effectively coordinate both administrative and logistics of events
- Ability to effectively coordinate event details over the phone, email and in person
- Coordinate the planning of multiple events and promotions simultaneously while maintaining a high level of organization
- Effectively anticipate event planning and management needs, determine work priorities and meet deadlines with little supervision
- Effectively communicate including strong presentation skills at board and client meetings
- Strong time management skills to effectively meet all goals and deadlines
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Cash handling experience, preferably in the hospitality industry
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment while also being a self starter
- Work long and irregular hours when necessary including but not limited to weekends and holidays when necessary in either the preparation or working of an event, promotion or project
- Frequent travel to various event venues in California and other parts of the US as AES grows
- Ability to effectively address client and guest concerns striving to maintain a calm composure and find solutions
- Enjoys working in a fast paced and fun environments
- Experience supervising employees, preferred
- Ability to make recommendations and decisions on assigned projects especially in time sensitive cases with little oversight
Events & Promotions Development:
- Assist the Sales and Promotions Manager to create the annual event management plan for AES with specific plans and timelines for each of the AES projects and events
- Assist the Sales and Promotions Manager to develop and recommend event and project plans including the pro forma and budget for approval
- Participate in planning meetings encouraging collaboration, new creative ideas and identifying next steps to multiple projects
- Assist in the development and updating of various marketing and administrative items such as promotional materials, sales presentations, newsletters, meeting agendas, production schedules, budgets, websites, social media avenues, etc.
- Assist in the sales and development of events and projects through cold calls, prospect visits and meetings
- Coordination of the recruitment and hiring of seasonal team members to support an event or promotion
Events & Promotions Coordination:
- Assist in providing clear direction and expectations for the work of part-time employees, interns, volunteers and contractors responsible for the execution of a quality production and to ensure deadlines are met
- Develop and communicate team member work schedules for designated events and promotions
- Assist in coordinating event and project budgets, providing periodic updates
- Assist in the prospecting, negotiations and coordination of event space, exhibitors, food and beverage, rentals, travel arrangements, signage and other necessary aspects necessary for a quality event production
- Serve as the liaison for vendors on event related matters
- Collect in a timely manner appropriate information or required documents in the planning and management of events process. Items to include request for proposal, signed offer sheet, agreement, invoice, W-9, payments, layout, insurance, utility needs, reporting, etc.
- Assist in the development of a comprehensive post-event report within two weeks following the event
- Coordinate onsite productions serving as the coordinator on duty during the event
- Supervise team members and work various promotions in support of the event
- Daily reconciliation of tickets, coupons and cash during designated events and promotions
- Coordinate events and promotions using the latest event industry best practice and tools for a high level of organization, communication and collaboration. Tools include but are not limited to TeamworkPM and other internal tools including production checklist, event pro forma, checkbook, timeline and progress reports
- Provide daily updates through TeamworkPM and weekly progress updates through the AES team meetings
- Effectively follow-up with customers and potential customers meeting the established company goal of within one business day
- Attend various industry related association events and trainings to maintain knowledge and contacts on the latest innovations and trends in the events and association industry
- Assist team members in general administrative tasks
Absolute Event Solutions Inc. (AES) has over 40 years of combined experience producing some of the largest events in North America. AES has two divisions; a consulting division consisting of one-stop solutions to help event venues and producers build their existing revenue streams and create new ones. Clients range from The Queen Mary to the San Diego County Fair.
The second division of AES is Big Bite Events. This new division consists of building events focused around the love of food!
AES is a small and nimble company with a large vision and a proven track record of successfully producing events from 100 to 1.5 million people in attendance.
ADDITIONAL POSITION DETAILS:
This position is a part-time position that means it is based on work available and based on the timing of various events, promotions and projects. Hours for this position are estimated at 20 to 40 hours per week. Over the next few months it is anticipated 40 hours of work will be available starting immediately. This position offers excellent opportunity to earn a full-time position based on performance and available work.
RATE OF PAY: $10 to $12 per hour DOE
Submit resume and availability to email listed
Indeed - 14 months ago