GLG’s Event Coordinators manage and leverage Gerson Lehrman Group’s core asset – the Gerson Lehrman Group (GLG) Councils – to participate in in-person meetings including roundtables and seminars as well as virtual events including webcasts and teleconferences with clients and other GLG Council Members.
- Operational and logistical management
- Managing and executing in-person and virtual event logistics – liaising with internal teams, external clients, vendors;
- Prepare hosts for onsite management;
- Handle all travel arrangements for GLG Council Members and internal teams;
- Budget and financial management, with emphasis on project-based profitability and the business value of meetings (BVOM).
- Client-facing and customer service expertise , including effective and professional oral and written communication, as well as confident interpersonal interaction.
- Support marketing efforts and onsite materials, targeting both internal and external audiences.
Potential candidates must possess:
- Zero to two years of post-undergraduate experience in positions of increasing responsibility within an event management firm, conference or tradeshow producer or a related position at an individual company
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Fluency in the use of technology tools including high levels of proficiency with Excel, other Microsoft Office programs and database tools are required
- Excellent communication skills, including oral, writing and presentation abilities in a business-focused setting
- Strong copywriting and copyediting skills are a pre-requisite
- Successful track record of working in a team environment
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize activities effectively
- Proven ability to work in a rigorous, fast-moving work environment
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. (GLG), founded more than ten years ago, began developing a network of leading experts to provide business decision-makers with insights to drive better, more informed outcomes. Initially serving investment firms, today our company has grown to support professional services firms and corporations across every industry.
We connect tens of thousands of professionals and thought leaders to each other through two distinct yet complementary platforms: GLG Research and HighTable.
GLG Research partners with investment firms, corporations, non-profits and professional services firms that need targeted, on-demand expertise to help improve decision-making. GLG Research provides professional services and sophisticated web-based compliance systems to help our clients connect to the most relevant experts while helping clients and experts manage potential conflicts.
HighTable helps you gather and share expertise. In a world where everyone's connected, it's surprisingly difficult to find insights from people who know what they’re talking about. At HighTable, conversations occur directly between professionals with business problems and professionals with the most relevant first-hand experience and knowledge.
GLG is headquartered in New York with 21 offices globally and over 800 employees. The company is backed by Bessemer Venture Partners and Silver Lake Partners.
For more information about GLG, please visit www.gersonlehrmangroup.com
Salary/Benefits: Competitive base salary plus eligibility for, depending on the role, a year-end performance-based discretionary bonus with comprehensive benefits program and a generous vacation and holiday schedule.
Notes: GLG does not allow employees to trade stocks or any other security that may present a conflict of interest or appearance of conflict of interest. GLG also requires that all employees sign a confidentiality and non-compete agreement with our firm. We conduct background checks on all prospective new hires.
GLG is an equal opportunity employer.
Gerson Lehrman Group - 13 months ago