Works closely with Entertainment & Event Manager to coordinate events from concept development to operation and execution. Works closely with Entertainment & Events and Marketing Department in the planning of all special events. Supervise all aspects of special events, including coordination of permits, legal agreements, purchase requests and updates to the event calendar. Works with Entertainment and Event Manager to maintain budgets for events and assists in managing the departmental operating budget with particular attention to labor resources and ongoing supply costs for events. Works with Attractions and Grounds to assemble project teams and event staff and coordinates these teams throughout the planning process including load in, day of event responsibilities and load out. Facilitates special event weekly meetings as needed and compiles status reports and After Event Reviews. Provides coordination, supervision, leadership and motivation needed for Event Project Teams and Special Event Committee to exceed guest and client expectations of service and professionalism.
Requires a minimum of two to three years of experience in a theme park or similar attraction, preferably in the entertainment, attractions, or marketing industry. Strong Project Management skills are required, as well as ability to multi-task, to develop and execute detailed plans, programs and schedules. Requires writing skills, and outstanding organizational, verbal and interpersonal communication skills. Ability to be a contributing, proactive, positive and supportive member of the Operations Team, providing primary Support to the Entertainment and Event Manager as a team member. Act as a liaison with other departments for the coordination of events. Ability to adapt to situational changes, and to adapt plans and schedules to accommodate changing needs of the operational season. Must be self-motivated and must demonstrate initiative. Requires excellent people skills, including the ability to maintain positive and supportive working relationships. Computer proficiency with ability to use Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), and familiarity with the Internet is required.
1. Administrative Duties include facilitating and executing special event permits, purchase requests, check requests, maintenance requests, sign requests, contracts, and site agreements.
2. Research and compile information to develop a working database of qualified production, creative and Special Event resources.
3. Work with Entertainment and Event Manager to establish internal teams and outside vendor support to execute Special Events.
4. Facilitate weekly Special Event and project meetings as needed; supervise and coordinate assignments for subcommittees, reporting to Entertainment and Event Manager on the development and execution events.
5. Serve as an Operations liaison with other departments, including Marketing, Maintenance and Food & Beverage, for the purposes of developing, coordinating and executing events.
6. Assist with concept development for special events and projects; work as a team with other Entertainment and Event supervisors to design programs and plan special events directly related to Marketing and Park objectives.
7. Monitor and update Special Events Calendars; and develop Event Plans (Event Activity Breakdowns).
8. Provide status reporting and After Event Reviews to Entertainment and Event Manager for reporting to Director Team and Clients as needed.
9. Provide Day of event supervision and support for Event Project Teams and clients.
10. Create and maintain databases to keep the department files up to date and execute special projects surrounding them upon request.
11. Work with Entertainment and Event Manager to create Budget worksheets for events as assigned, and effectively manage budget through planning process.
12. Track Event Labor and assist with monitoring labor forms.
13. Serve as a POC for entertainers and act as stage manager on the day of events.
14. Handle event sign requests and work with leads to execute Park Signage.
15. Other duties as assigned.
LEGOLAND California is a 128-acre family theme park dedicated to families with children between the ages of 2 and 12. Just like with LEGO...