Are you stuck behind a desk 8 hours a day/40 hours a week and are just, well, OVER IT? Does every pore of your body exude passion about life, community and people, backed up by the ability to manage tasks and people in an efficient and organized fashion? Every once in a while would you like to push your chair back from your desk and get outside? If this sounds like you, we may have the perfect spot for your working career.
Our company, a well respected, forward thinking, growth oriented property management firm located in Orange County with several offices throughout the state, is on the hunt for a part-time Community Services Representative to plan and administer the community wide events and recreation programs for the Preserve Community Services Organization located in Chino, CA.
To ensure that the day-day operations of the Preserve Community Services, Community Programs and Events, and business operations are implemented and provide an added value to the residents by building a unique sense of community spirit for the Preserve Community. To plan, facilitate, implement and report upon Community events, programs and activities. The primary job function will be implementation of programs and activities within the Community and the execution of the annual calendar of events. The community services rep will also be called upon to assist with:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Volunteer recruitment and development
- Creation of the community newsletter
- Updating the community website
- Community club recruitment and formation
- Building relationships with the City and other local agencies and organizations
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Responsible for aspects of community relations and day-to-day resident contact.
- Demonstrate effective verbal and written communication skills so as to instill confidence in the residents that reside within the community as well as the public that may interact through designated volunteer programs.
- Ensure timely and accurate reports to Supervisor.
- The oversight and development of Community Programs, including but not limited to: quality assessment, contract negotiations, programmer recruiting, a participating member of the team that establishes all requirements for programming including but not limited to facility requirements, calendaring, risk management.
- PCS board reporting, committee meeting attendance and agenda setting, and calendaring.
- Follows quality system procedures.
- Display a working knowledge of the various organizations that interact with the Community for the purposes of assisting with the implementation of new opportunities.
- Exercise budgetary knowledge and control for the purpose(s) of executing programs/events.
- Document all events and programs in the standard format as set forth in the community procedure manual.
- Be well spoken so as to instill confidence in the residents that live within the Community.
- Is committed to continual learning as evidenced by attendance at seminars and industry programs.
- Coordinate and implement large-scale community events and smaller neighborhood activities for the benefit of homeowners.
- Assist in the recruitment, motivation, coordination and recognition of community volunteers to empower residents to lead and support community events and programs.
- Assist in the identification and creation of resources and alliances that may benefit the community.
- Assist in the creation of the annual working budget, subject to approval by the Board of Directors.
- Implementation of stated priority goals and assistance with reports forwarded to the Board.
- Assist with other services at community facilities as needed. This may include opening/closing the building, responding to homeowner questions regarding architectural issues, assisting with room reservations, issuing access cards or any other service necessary to provide excellent, seamless service to homeowners.
- Assist with other duties as assigned by the General Manager related to providing service to our developer, builder or homeowner clients.
- Must have reliable transportation and be able to drive to other work locations.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Organizational, time management, prioritization, attention to detail and multi tasking skills, with the ability to implement, monitor progress, and track results.
- Strong communication skills (verbal, written).
- Public charisma and the ability to work with and motivate diverse groups of people.
- Demonstrates a commitment to ethics.
- Ability to comprehend and to communicate the PCS Vision of providing opportunities for neighbors to connect in a social environment to enhance community association living.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks.
- Must be able to work independently and prioritize daily workload. Friendly, charismatic personality and ability to get along with a diverse community population
- Must possess strong customer service skills.
- Must be able to work weekends and holidays based on business needs.
- Must be able to handle the pressure of the position and meeting deadlines.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Applications, especially Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Must have reliable transportation, a valid CA Drivers License and state mandated vehicle insurance.
College degree preferred, or equivalent experience of 2-3 years experience in the coordination
and/or management of community or non-profit volunteer programs, event management or client service industry.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Valid California driver’s license and state mandated vehicle insurance.
MERIT Property Management, Inc - 2 years ago