The Events Coordinator will support and serve as a representative for NEON’s external communication presence through development and implementation of community relations events around the US, and management of NEON’s tradeshow program. In addition, the Events Coordinator will also coordinate and support the implementation of local and regional corporate events and internal NEON events as needed. The Events Coordinator may also provide communications or logistical support to the Education team. This position reports to the Manager Public Relations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan and prepare for at least four community events a year for up to 100 individuals, in locations around the US.
- Oversee logistics and management of NEON’s presence at scientific/educational tradeshows.
- Perform scheduling and set-up coordination activities for offsite events to ensure that all materials and set-up needs are met prior to scheduled event (e.g., booth shifts, exhibit rentals).
- Represent NEON at tradeshows, community events and other relevant social engagements.
- Communicate with staff at a chosen event site to coordinate details.
- Plan, prioritize, and schedule logistics for exhibit booth set-up and staffing.
- Manage coordination of event shipments with internal warehouse team and external vendors.
- Evaluate and select providers of services according to event requirements.
- Travel to event site; unpack materials, set-up and disassemble event booth and related materials.
- Review event bills for accuracy, and coordinate payment.
- May assist with design and development of communication tools for external events.
- Follow NEON policy and procedures.
Required Experience, Knowledge, Skills:
- Associates Degree or equivalent college level coursework.
Preferred Experience, Knowledge, Skills:
- 2 or more years’ experience coordinating external events for small to medium-size corporate/organizations events, including coordination of off-site group meetings, events, or tradeshows.
- Experience coordinating moderately complex projects that include working with outside vendors.
- Proficiency using audio-visual equipment (e.g., overhead projectors).
- Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, and MacBook computers and related technology.
- Very effective project management skills.
- Ability to identify potential problems and identify solutions.
- High level of attention to detail.
- High level of customer service orientation.
- Ability work independently.
- Ability to work on several projects concurrently
- Ability to interact well with and coordinate with others.
- Very effective verbal and written ability and skill.
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time to national off-site event locations.
- Ability to move and set-up exhibit and booth materials and equipment, weighing up to 40 lbs.
Upload Cover Letter, Resume and References - if asked to provide, as ONE document
- Experience developing trade show exhibits or understanding of trade show environment.
- Experience coordinating set-up of events that involved the communication of science and/or technical information
NEON Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, Minorities, Veterans and Disabled Persons are encouraged to apply.
NEON, Inc. - 5 months ago