Altria Group is a FORTUNE 200 company that owns the premier tobacco companies in the United States including Philip Morris USA, U.S. Smokeless Tobacco Company and John Middleton. The companies’ premium tobacco brands include Marlboro, Copenhagen, Skoal and Black & Mild. Altria also owns Ste. Michelle Wine Estates, one of the country’s top premium wine producers and Philip Morris Capital Corporation, an investment company. Altria’s mission is to own and develop financially disciplined businesses that are leaders in responsibly providing adult tobacco and wine consumers with superior branded products.
Altria Group Distribution Company’s role is to provide sales, distribution and consumer engagement services for Altria’s tobacco operating companies. The Events Marketing department delivers brand messages through the development of relevant experiences and interactive dialog with adult tobacco consumers 21+. We are currently seeking a highly qualified Events Marketing Manager to join our department in Richmond, VA.
The successful candidate develops experiences that allows consumers to learn about brands in ways they prefer and has the power to influence attitude, purchase behavior and brand loyalty. You will be responsible for developing and managing event marketing programs that generate brand awareness, product trial and contribute to the ongoing development of the adult tobacco consumer data base.
Specific accountabilities include:
- Developing compliant, responsible event marketing strategies that meet brand objectives
- Designing, developing and executing event programs within the brand timeline and budget parameters
- Developing and managing a staff of 4 employees
- Analyzing quantitative and qualitative event performance data for key insights and recommending optimization plans when applicable
- Developing a collaborate working relationship with key stakeholders, both internally and externally
- Managing event marketing supplier(s) and review performance of assigned tasks to ensure contract compliance
- Recommending supplier selection (if applicable) and assist with contract negotiation
- Developing and managing budgets for each brand event marketing program
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing or relevant field
- Minimum of 7 years of related experience
- Ability to develop a highly collaborative working relationship with the Brand group, Law Department, key business suppliers and other supporting resources both within Altria and externally
- Highly developed organizational, planning and collaborative leadership skills
- Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact with internal staff and suppliers from diverse backgrounds
- Ability to resolve operational problems quickly and effectively with minimal supervision
- Analytical skills to evaluate supplier performance
- Experience synthesizing information efficiently so that key decisions can be made in a timely manner
- Ability to travel approximately 50% of the time
At Altria Group Distribution Company, we recognize that our people are the reason we achieve our business goals. We believe in developing the leadership potential of our employees by providing them with opportunities for training, development and advancement.
In addition to the opportunity to apply and develop your skills toward key business objectives, we offer an excellent compensation package including a competitive base salary, comprehensive health/vision/dental insurance, and participation in our incentive compensation and deferred profit sharing programs, as well as a relocation assistance package.
Altria - 10 months ago