Tillinger’s, New England’s premiere hospitality services company, has an exceptional opening for an Events Planner in our Venues Division, located in Boston’s desirable Back Bay. As an experienced conference, meetings, and events planner, you will showcase your meticulous attention to details while planning and overseeing a variety of functions simultaneously for corporate (65%), performing arts (20%), and social (15%) groups at a fast-paced, multi-use events facility. We encourage you to visit our website at www.tillingers.com
The Events Planner provides the “highest quality of service after the sale.” In this position, you will rely on your knowledge and expertise with all aspects of event planning that include menu preparation, a/v equipment, room layouts, budgets, and procuring staffing/vendor services. Your thorough communication skills ensure that the needs of your events are conveyed to vendors, your team, and your clientele. Whether a conference, concert, or gala, every event provides an opportunity to foster client relations built on exceptional customer service.
- Effectively design, produce and manage events from concept, proposal building, production and planning, to event day execution in accordance with the client vision. Ensure that all event logistics are confirmed and complete.
- Manage multiple clients and events simultaneously and serve as p rimary contact, assisting clients with meeting and event needs during event, directing ushers and other event personnel.
- Demonstrate superior knowledge of event/meeting logistics including catering, audio/visual, décor rental, strategic event layout, agenda content, and general event operations/management.
- Troubleshoot A/V equipment such as audio, projection, computers and internet connectivity.
- Increase client retention and loyalty through exceptional customer service skills and responsiveness.
- Utilize sales experience and techniques to generate and increase revenue through upselling and vendor selection and management.
- Manage vendor relations to ensure quality assurance and consistent pricing.
- Assist Sales Manager with proposal development and facilitating site visits.
- Actively Participate in client meetings and present recommendations.
- Responsible for the completion of all operational tasks associated with events at function facility, and maintaining Tillinger’s high standards of service.
- Ensure compliance with company and facility operations, procedures, and regulations.
- Graduate of an accredited college or university preferred.
- 2-4 years’ progressive experience in event services, function facility operations, and meeting management.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills; ability to initiate, plan, prioritize and conduct multiple projects successfully and meet frequent deadlines simultaneously.
- Positive, outgoing, and attentive demeanor, professional appearance, and consistently delivers high-impact customer service experience.
- Persuasive communicator, excellent interpersonal skills.
- Creatively driven and ability to work independently.
- Proven ability to conceptualize design concepts. Create computer-generated floor plans.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook. EMS preferred. Ability to learn industry-specific software.
- Deadline driven with flexibility to adapt to a varied work schedule.
- Intermediate AV knowledge.
- Experience in operations of theater/performing arts space beneficial.
If you are looking for an opportunity to work among a committed team of professionals in an environment where your individual contributions are recognized, consider Tillinger's. We offer a competitive salary, benefits, and career growth opportunities. To apply for this position or for our complete listing of all our open positions, we encourage you to visit our website at http://www.tillingers.com/careers.html
Tillinger's Concierge, Inc. - 18 months ago