The Developer Evangelism team at salesforce.com is looking for an experienced Program Manager to help ensure the success of THE Cloud Computing Event of the year – Dreamforce. In this critical role, the candidate will be responsible for coordinating all the developer focused sessions that are a part of Dreamforce 2012. This is a highly visible role that requires co-ordination between various cross-functional teams at salesforce.com. It is a chance to work in a fast paced, highly collaborative environment with some of the best minds in the industry who are working to deliver the message of the Social Enterprise to our fast growing developer community.
- Own the end-to-end project schedule for delivering all the developer focused sessions at Dreamforce 2012 - from session proposal to delivery.
- Work closely with Salesforce Developer Evangelists on identifying the best speakers (internal or external) for each session
- Help guide new speakers through the Dreamforce content creation process.
- Help deliver an optimal and consistent attendee experience at all our developer sessions by enforcing strict quality control on the content and delivery
- Ensure that all developer sessions are meeting important milestones on the road to Dreamforce 2012
- Co-ordinate and schedule internal session dry runs
- Proactively identify and mitigate risks and remove obstacles
- Work with the various cross-functional teams working on Dreamforce planning (including R&D, Marketing, Strategic Events etc.) to make sure that the developer focused content shines through at Dreamforce.
- Provide status reports and metrics that track the overall progress of Dreamforce sessions for consumption by upper management
- Help co-ordinate other developer focused events and programs that will be part of Dreamforce 2012
- PM experience with managing large scale events/conferences (preferably developer focused)
- Outstanding organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills, including ability to work with developers and executives.
- Knowledgeable about cloud computing and software-as-a-service
- Clear understanding of developers as an audience
- Flexible, creative self-starter comfortable with risk-taking and change.
- Ability to prioritize and plan effectively
- High energy, enthusiasm, and passion for delivering killer content for developers
- Prior Dreamforce attendee
- Experience with Salesforce and/or the Force.com platform
Varite USA - 2 years ago