Gerson Lehrman Group’s (GLG) Events Specialist manages and leverages GLG’s core asset – the GLG Councils – to participate in small group meetings, private visits and virtual events including webcasts and teleconferences for GLG clients and members of the GLG Councils. This position will focus on the strategic development and programming of multiple meetings around healthcare industry conferences, which connect the healthcare industry’s most notable experts with business and investment leaders throughout the world.
- Operational and logistical management of multiple meetings and events, including but not limited to:
- Strategic scheduling of meetings around industry conferences
- Venue selection and host preparation for onsite management
- Travel arrangements for GLG Councils and internal teams
- Budget and financial management, with emphasis on project-based profitability and ROI.
- Development and management of content focusing on multiple projects, including but not limited to:
- Researching and proposing themes and topics for content-driven live and virtual events
- Assisting with content for event materials, including promotional and descriptive copy
- Development and management of marketing efforts and material targeting both internal and external audiences via multiple channels, including but not limited to:
- Website content management
- Online marketing including display and search marketing
- Email marketing
- Direct mail and other direct response vehicles
- Leadership and management of internal teams engaged in multiple meeting and event projects, with strong emphasis on:
- Setting process standards and showing strong decision making abilities
- Managing speaker recruitment and confirmation both directly and in collaboration with internal partners, including research management and sales
- Client-facing and customer service expertise including effective and professional oral and written communication as well as confident interpersonal interaction.
Potential candidates must possess:
- Two years of post-undergraduate experience in positions of increasing responsibility within an event management firm, conference or tradeshow producer, or related company
- High levels of proficiency with Microsoft Office programs (including Excel and Word) and other database and technology tools are required
- Strong copywriting and copyediting skills are a pre-requisite
- Excellent communication skills, including oral, written and presentation abilities in a business-focused setting
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize activities effectively
- Successful track record of working in a team environment
- Proven ability to work in a rigorous, fast-moving work environment
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. (GLG), founded more than ten years ago, began developing a network of leading experts to provide business decision-makers with insights to drive better, more informed outcomes. Initially serving investment firms, today our company has grown to support professional services firms and corporations across every industry.
We connect tens of thousands of professionals and thought leaders to each other through two distinct yet complementary platforms: GLG Research and HighTable.
GLG Research partners with investment firms, corporations, non-profits and professional services firms that need targeted, on-demand expertise to help improve decision-making. GLG Research provides professional services and sophisticated web-based compliance systems to help our clients connect to the most relevant experts while helping clients and experts manage potential conflicts.
HighTable helps you gather and share expertise. In a world where everyone's connected, it's surprisingly difficult to find insights from people who know what they’re talking about. At HighTable, conversations occur directly between professionals with business problems and professionals with the most relevant first-hand experience and knowledge.
GLG is headquartered in New York with 22 offices globally and over 800 employees. The company is backed by Bessemer Venture Partners and Silver Lake Partners.
For more information about GLG, please visit: www.gersonlehrmangroup.com
For more information about GLG Research, please visit: www.glgresearch.com
Salary/Benefits: Competitive base salary plus eligibility for, depending on the role, a year-end performance-based discretionary bonus with comprehensive benefits program and a generous vacation and holiday schedule.
Notes: GLG does not allow employees to trade stocks or any other security that may present a conflict of interest or appearance of conflict of interest. GLG also requires that all employees sign a confidentiality and non-compete agreement with our firm. We conduct background checks on all prospective new hires.
GLG is an equal opportunity employer.
Gerson Lehrman Group - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard