This role will actively assist in planning and execution of fundraising auctions and major donor events working to deliver all logistics, providing clerical support, monitoring budget, managing data, and collaborating with an events management contractor.
This position contributes to the mission of the organization by increasing awareness of Medical Teams International and its programs via events and promotion of the Real Life Exhibit. This role will support manager with day to day operations of the exhibit and the outreach to audience groups including churches, schools, community groups, corporations and individuals.
- Coordinate and plan event logistics for fundraising auction and major donor events.
- Manage event details in collaboration with events management contractor ensuring organized and successful events.
- Manage and monitor expenses to complete project within budgetary parameters.
- Manage event data in CRM Dynamics and Greater Giving Auction Software.
- Produce event collateral. Coordinate production with printer, catalog copy writer and graphic designer where applicable.
- Coordinate all event collateral mailings.
- Assist in raffle marketing and sales.
- Assist with pre-auction and event donation processing and invoicing.
- Maintain auction and event files and tracking systems.
- Collaborate with event manager to coordinate guest services, mailing lists, invitation mailings, seating chart and table seating assignments, bidder packets, RSVPs, and name tags.
- Coordinate inventory management of procured items, data entry, sorting items into packages and labeling.
- Provide administrative assistance for auction wrap up—thank you letters, receipts and mailing of certificates.
- Participate in event debriefings and record feedback.
Redmond Real Life Exhibit
- Visitors: Coordinate visits by schools, churches, business groups, and others. Ensure visitor information is collected and logged in CRM.
- Volunteers: Recruit, train, and coordinate exhibit volunteers.
- Content: In collaboration with the Communications Department and Marketing Programs Manager, recommend and update exhibits and exhibit website as necessary.
- Maintenance: Maintain permanent exhibit and coordinate repair/replacement of components in the exhibit as needed.
- Program Development: Develop special events such as speaker’s meetings, advocacy activities and other programs designed to raise awareness of the exhibit and the issues it attempts to address.
- Donor Development: Use communication and event activities to generate income to support the work of Medical Teams International.
- Extensive experience working as part of an interdepartmental team to achieve mutual goals and objectives.
- Proven project management background.
- Experience with working in a non-profit organization a plus.
- Small and large fundraising event management experience.
- Commitment to Medical Teams International mission statement.
- Effective team leader able to work with other staff to communicate vision and directives.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously; flexible.
- Ability to operate well in a fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to work flexible schedule and weekends as needed.
- Advanced oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to create strong positive relationships.
- Must have the ability to consistently communicate professionally and effectively with students, teachers and all other exhibit constituents.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace. Candidates must complete an acceptable Background Check as part of the hiring process with Medical Teams International