Contact clients with specimen information such as sample integrity, volume, test clarification, and
missing samples. Projects a professional image through telephone communication, facsimiles, and emails to internal and external ARUP customers. Provides a supportive link between customers and all other areas of the company. Prepares specimens for laboratory testing including such functions as matching patient information, data entry, specimen labeling, aliquoting, and document scanning.
This position reports to the supervisor, lead and/or Support Services Group Manager.
1. Demonstrates competency in the functions, policies, and processes of Exception Handling.
2. Receives and initiates telephone calls from/to customers and internal laboratories. These calls include
· clarifying, canceling, and ordering tests as requested
· providing specimen requirements, reference ranges, and stabilities
· handling and splitting specimens
· resolving general specimen and order issues
3. Provides a link between the technical sections and customers.
4. Understands appropriate specimen collection, handling, and transport instructions.
5. Documents customer communications, resolutions, issues, and appropriate follow-up.
6. Ensures the privacy and confidentiality of all communications.
7. Familiarity with client list and associated Business Development Managers.
8. Understanding of key ARUP systems in order to research and resolve customer issues ( ANSR, ESP Checkout, ESP RACS, ESP Inquiry, AS/RS System, IMS, Millennium LIS).
9. Attends staff meetings and inservices to assure job competency and communication within ARUP.
1. Familiar with section Quality Assurance program and understands its content.
2. Other duties as assigned.
· High School Diploma or equivalent
· Ability to type 35 WPM
· One year of previous experience in customer service
· One year of previous experience in call center environment
· College level courses in medical terminology, biology, or related life sciences
· Familiarity with Millennium, ESP, and ANSR applications
· Previous laboratory experience
· Previous computer experience
· Previous experience in an outbound call center
Physical and other requirements
· Involves judgment in planning work, assessing results, solving problems, and taking or recommending action
· Ability to organize work, to meet deadlines, and to work under stressful condition
· Absolute integrity in the accurate identification of samples, test performance, and reporting of results
· Flexible and willing to adapt to changes in section structure
· 10-key skills
· Regular and reliable attendance
· Excellent customer service skills
· Ability to work well with others
· Ability to work all required overtime and take call as needed
· Must be able to lift 10 pounds
· Must be able to sit and/or stand for extensive periods of time
· Must maintain a professional image and pleasant demeanor
· Ability to communicate effectively in English, both written and verbal
· Fine motor coordination
· Good visual acuity including color perception
· Continual assessment of current literature
ARUP Laboratories - 14 months ago
The good folks at ARUP Laboratories don't grow pale at the sight of blood. The clinical reference lab performs tens of thousands...