Provides advanced, diversified and confidential administrative support. Performs duties using independent judgment and initiative to determine approaches or actions to take in non-routine situations. Interprets guidelines using policies and precedents. Handles a variety of situations involving clerical and/or administrative functions of the office or business unit without involving the executive. Thoroughly understands business and work cycles to prioritize work.
Essential Job Functions
1. Interfaces with company executives and other individuals both internally and externally on matters relating to the day-to-day operation of the department or business unit; these matters can, at times, be of a confidential nature. Responds to questions by identifying and implementing workable solutions to problems with minimal guidance from executive.
2. Authors correspondence of a complex nature which requires understanding of executive's views, general office policies and technical matters; prepares moderate to complex materials needed by executive for general meetings and appointments.
3. Organizes executive and performs support duties keeping business and scheduled commitments timely. These duties include but are not limited to: Noting commitments made by executive during meetings; establishing appointment priorities and rescheduling or redirecting meetings or invitations Reads, reviews and often summarizes incoming correspondence and publications.
4. Generates or updates reports, spreadsheets and other documents using a set schedule and prescribed approach. Creates and distributes presentation materials for meetings in collaboration with the executive. May use corporate accounting system such as SAP.
5. Plans and coordinates special events (meetings, conventions, etc.) for a variety of individuals including top-level executives and attendees. Negotiates most of the basic services associated with meetings and events to get best service at lowest cost.
6. Analyzes department/business unit methods in order to improve or simplify procedures or suggest cost reductions; this includes but is not limited to record-keeping, forms control, policies and procedures, and workflow. Suggests new systems or revisions to established procedures or existing policies.
Frequent contact with executive-level associates both internally and externally handling matters of a confidential and non-confidential nature. Daily contact with other associates within and outside of the department/business unit. Responds to issues from all levels of individuals; each contact must be handled differently, using independent judgment and discretion.
May have minimal budget responsibility as directed by executive. Makes routine purchases such as office supplies and equipment (including computers, printers, etc.). Also purchases catering and services when planning and coordinating special events.
An undergraduate degree from an accredited college or university with a focus in general business; or in the absence of a degree, directly-related job experience in supporting executive-level personnel in a medium-sized organization, where a number of years working in such capacity demonstrates proven knowledge, and may offset the degree requirements.
In addition to the education outlined above, at least 3-5 years of progressively responsible experience in a senior administrative or executive administrative assistant role. Proven track record of independent judgment and decision-making when faced with matters of a confidential and/or non-routine nature; ability to anticipate needs based on extensive knowledge of the Company, department and/or business unit.
Requires a high level of integrity and ability to maintain confidentiality; must maintain close attention to detail. Ability to work well under pressure and prioritize multiple assignments and activities; excellent organizational skills.
Ability to deal professionally and diplomatically with individuals at all levels both internally and externally, including members of senior management. Proven skills in the areas of decision-making and conflict resolution; ability to anticipate and be proactive rather than reactive. Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
Travel for this position is less than 10%; rarely.
Drug Free Workplace
Forest City Enterprises - 19 months ago