Houston Role synopsis The Executive Administrative Assistant will be responsible for providing administrative support to the U.S. Tax Leadership Team. The Executive Administrative Assistant will directly interface with the Executive Assistants of the BP America Business and Functional Leadership team.
The successful candidate must have a minimum of 5 years of experience in an Executive Assistant role. The individual must possess the ability to maintain and analyse the Americas Tax operational budget and provide variance analysis reports to the Americas Head of Tax. The individual must have a mastery level of competence in interpersonal and communication skills (verbal/written), including networking; a professional attitude and demeanour; the ability to manage a variety of assignments simultaneously; strong computer skills; proficiency in using Microsoft Office suite, (e.g. PowerPoint, Word, Excel); ability to handle information of a confidential nature, work independently, anticipate requirements, and manage multiple priorities. Key accountabilities • Perform various extracts from SAP and maintain department budget reporting
The BP Tax Function seeks to ensure that BP complies with all tax laws in the jurisdictions in which the Group operates, in a way that optimizes the Group’s tax position, acting responsibly towards both shareholders and Governments.
- Maintain organizational charts and functional headcount analysis
- Coordination of functional activity analysis
- Track and pay invoices
- Coordinate logistics and associated administrative tasks for Human Resource Committee (“HRC”) and leadership meetings
- Manage and prioritize Americas Head of Tax calendar to maximize and create efficiencies in time management
- Coordinate visa applications, preparing electronic and printed travel itineraries and ensure compliance with BP travel policies and procedures
- Input data into various databases and spread sheets and generate reports from those systems
- Search record storage systems for historical records
- Manage domestic & international travel arrangements for U.S. Tax Leadership Team
- Arrange meeting, catering, video & teleconferences
- Prepare various Word processing documents, creating reports and tables
- Handling of mail, e-mail and phone communications
- Follow and apply the BP Code of conduct to the dealings and relationship with external providers and contractors Essential Education •Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent relevant experience Essential experience and job requirements •Legally authorized to work in the United States
- 5+ years of total of administrative experience with progressively increased responsibility supporting one or more managers of large and diverse teams of senior professionals
- 5+ years’ experience managing and coordinating calendar, domestic/international travel schedules and expenses
- 2+ years’ experience interfacing with outside national and global contacts
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and SharePoint
- Advanced skills in Excel
- Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal communication skills and professional presence Other essential skills and knowledge • Confident self-starter with the ability to exercise sound independent judgment and proactively meet the demands of the business
- Strong commitment to the achievement of safe, compliant, and reliable operations
- Strong commitment to a work environment of mutual trust and respect—where diversity and inclusion are valued Desirable criteria & qualifications •Experience using SAP
- Proficient using Visio for org charts creation and maintence
- Well-developed network and resource base
- Enjoys and has the capability for working with a global and diverse organization
- Ability to recommend efficiencies in coordination of department projects and processes
- Ability to interface effectively with other senior executive administrative assistants which sometimes includes their leaders
- CPS (Certified Professional Secretary) and/or CAP (Certified Administrative Professional) Relocation available No Travel required Negligible travel Is this a part time position? No About BP Our business is the exploration, production, refining, trading and distribution of energy. This is what we do, and we do it on a truly global scale. With a workforce of 80,000 employees, BP operates with business activities and customers in more than 80 countries across six continents. Every day, we serve millions of customers around the world. We are continually looking for talented, committed and ambitious people to help us shape the face of energy for the future.
Our purpose is to ensure that BP complies with the tax legislation in every country in which the company operates, in a manner that optimizes the Group's position and effectively manages any tax risk.
We do this by establishing close relationships with the BP Businesses and working collaboratively with other Functions, in particular Finance, Treasury, Legal, M&A, IT&S and HR. Disclaimer If you are selected for the position, your employment will be contingent upon submission to and successful completion of a post-offer/pre-placement drug test (and alcohol screening if required by the role) as well as pre-placement verification of the information and qualifications provided during the selection process. BP is an equal opportunity employer. Segment Corporate & Functions Removal Date 28-Oct-2012
BP - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard -
BP p.l.c. (BP) is an oil company, operating through its subsidiaries. With effect from January 1, 2008, it operated in two business...