Posted On: Thursday, January 24, 2013
Job Title: Executive Administrative Assistant
Position Description: The Executive Assistant shall be responsible for providing administrative support services as well as guidance and program support within a variety of administrative, analytical and financial related functions. Executive Assistant is expected to provide recommendations for improvements in administrative processes, data compilations and administrative financial tasks.
- Assist in the preparation of presentation materials
- Provide general office and research, administrative and clerical support, word processing, document preparation/management, and file maintenance as
- Maintain activity calendars and schedule corresponding meetings, conference rooms and conferences as necessary
- Maintain confidentiality of information
- Cancel and/or reschedule commitments as required by higher priority demands or special commitments
- Assist in the preparation, editing and execution of written correspondence with varying levels of complexity
- Prepare, edit and assemble reports required for meetings and presentations
- Work effectively with personnel from other branches and divisions
- Track documents through various approval processes within the agency as each relates to its respective policies, practices and procedures
- Process travel arrangements using "Fed Traveler" for executive staff
- Order, distribute, and maintain office supplies and equipment
- Coordinate with IT staff and individuals internal and external to the agency ranging from agency directors to the general public
- Answer incoming phone calls, receive packages, greet and direct visitors to the agency to appropriate points of contact.
- Attend meetings minutes and disseminate to key personnel
- Complete other ad hoc assignments, as determined
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Ability to perform multiple tasks and prioritize responsibilities in a dynamic, fast paced working environment
- Ability to read and interpret management policy, regulations and directives
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Products including MS Word, Access, Excel and
The ability to interact with co-workers and clients face to face and in meeting settings is required.
- Intermediate organizational and leadership skills
- Ability to work effectively within a group or independently
- Functional knowledge of contemporary office machines (i.e. photocopier, facsimile machine and scanner)
- Ability to quickly acquire familiarity with policies and regulations
- At least three (3) years of experience acting in an executive administrative assistant role
Bachelor’s degree desired but not required.
Clearance Requirements: Candidates must pass a pre-employment background check.
Location: Arlington, VA
Travel Required: Travel Required.
Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
XLA was formed in April of 2012 from two distinct and exceptional companies, XL, Inc. and ALON, Inc. XLA has career opportunities for professionals interested in a vibrant, positive, and team-oriented workplace. All of our projects and corporate procedures are managed through our ISO 9001:2008 certified processes, and consistently deliver innovations and improvements. XLA provides program management, acquisition, finance, IT, and subject matter expert support to our many Federal and commercial clients. We are a Virginia corporation with offices in DC for easy access to support many of our customers. We also support customers throughout the US and the world. XLA is devoted delivering excellence, and that is shown in all that we are and all that we do.
XLA maintains a retention rate that is well above industry average, assuring continuity of support across our projects. To uphold our commitment to excellence, we make an investment in continuous training for our staff through our education reimbursement program and our in-house project management training program. More than 90% of our staff possesses Federal security clearances. Many of our staff members also possess industry certifications, such as Project Management Institute (PMI) Project Management Professional (PMP) and Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL).
XLA is an equal opportunity employer committed to supporting family values, integrity in the workplace, and an entrepreneurial atmosphere.