Position is office based at the Research Triangle Park, NC location.
Perform diverse administrative duties for the President, Global Commercial Solutions, with broad business responsibilities on a global basis or major region, necessitating high level contact and exposure to highly confidential information requiring considerable use of tact, diplomacy, discretion, and judgment.
critical correspondence and email. Respond to routine items and forward urgent issues to appropriate individuals.
- Schedule appointments as determined by priority
- Prepare and compose correspondence and reports
- Maintain all files including training records.
- Coordinate travel schedules, arrange meetings and teleconferences
- Responsible for preparation and timely submission of expense reports as requested by management.
- Filter all telephone calls, mail and email; dispersing and handling as appropriate.
- Receive, photocopy, distribute, and file a variety of incoming and outgoing correspondence and reports.
- Responsible for all incoming and outgoing mail and correspondence including but not limited to faxes, courier deliveries, etc.
- Taking and distribute internal meeting minutes.
- Coordinate business meetings involving internal or external clients or departmental meetings.
- Ensure that communications from the Executive’s office to business unit heads are promptly and accurately dispatched.
- Support management in recruiting process and new employee departmental set up and orientation.
- Produce and maintain process flow charts and organizational charts for department.
- Submit staff expense reports in a timely manner.
- Maintain database to track appropriate departmental information.
- Serve on projects as directed by management.
- Serve as an information source for executive, answering questions, making referrals as required, and conducting required research
- Participate in the planning, coordination, and preparation of major business meetings, luncheons, and dinners involving both internal and external clients, departments and companies (including attendance at off-site study specific meetings as required).
- May act as team leader of assistants of the executive’s management team, ensuring special projects are completed within required timeframes.
- Gather data, analyze and prepare reports including conclusions and recommendations for solutions.
- Undertake projects, research data and make special studies, requiring independent decisions and conclusions.
- Serve as liaison between others and the Line of Business executive, ensuring appropriate management awareness and involvement in decision making process.
- Function as IT contact and coordinate maintenance and upgrading of hardware/software systems within specific unit.
- Responsible for P-Card activities including but not limited to the ordering of supplies and submitting Visa statements in a timely manner.
- Develop and design improved administrative procedures to promote the timely processing and submission of all administrative deliverables.
- Coordinate and plan facility needs (space, equipment, etc).
- Develop and implement an efficient work flow and information tracking/retrieval system across all assigned projects, and maintains/archives files and records.
- When manager is on travel or out of office take the initiative to review, prioritize and make decisions as to what is routine and
Perform other duties as required.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Excellent computer skills (MS Office Suite, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Access, MS Outlook, and Internet).
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Ability to work both within a team environment and independently to prioritize tasks
- Ability to maintain demanding timelines.
- Ability to work independently and manage time efficiently.
- Ability to be self-directed, prioritize opportunities and perform multiple tasks.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, managers and clients.
High School diploma and minimum 8 years’ relevant experience; or equivalent combination of education, training and experience
Quintiles Transnational - 23 months ago
Quintiles Transnational has plenty to CRO about. One of the world's top contract research organizations (CROs), it...