The Systems Design and Performance (SD&P) Directorate within Raytheon Missile Systems (RMS) Engineering is seeking an Executive Assistant to the Director and Deputy Director of the organization.
The Systems Design & Performance (SD&P) Directorate is responsible for systems engineering, algorithm development, guidance, navigation and control, and system modeling & simulation for RMS.
SD&P works across the product life cycle, executing a broad portfolio of IRAD & CRAD projects, advanced concept developments, and full-scale development programs.
- Provide Leadership and guidance across the directorate for the administrative assistants tasked with supporting the approximately 1500 employees within the SD&P directorate
- Develop agenda and lead administrative assistant staff meetings
- Determine and communicate directorate policy and expectations, as appropriate
- Function as a member of the directorate leadership team, attending directorate staff meetings and other meetings as required
- Coordinate Executive Activities and Communications
- Manage calendars and e-mail for Director and Deputy
- Manage phones, record and deliver messages
- Coordinate media communications (filming, org announcements, etc…)
- Coordinate activities with other engineering leaders and with center managers
- Assist in the creation of executive level communications such as Power Point presentations, Excel spread sheets, and Word documents
- Support the broader community of Executive Assistants including those for VP of Engineering and VPs for product lines as required
- Manage directorate administration
- Order supplies as needed
- Make travel arrangements and process expense statements in a timely manner
- Manage the SD&P calendar
- Coordinate visit requests
- Arrange conference rooms, catering, and off-site venues
- Arrange and oversee personnel moves
- Create and maintain organizational charts
- Arrange and coordinate events for directorate membership
- Ensure training and other deadlines are met
- Promote and communicate SD&P volunteer efforts such as Math Night, Operation Warm Heart, etc…
Willing and able to obtain a Secret Security Clearance
- Minimum of six years experience supporting leaders within a matrix environment
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office products
- Proficient in the use of Lotus Notes
- Ability to translate thoughts and ideas (provided verbally or in notes) into effective media such as Power Point presentation, or Excel spreadsheet, as required
- Exceptional phone skills including use of phone system, phone etiquette, clear message taking
- Able to effectively use and manage eRooms
- Ability to interface effectively with all functions (e.g. Security, HR, etc…)
- Ability to arrange classified meetings and visit requests
- Knowledge of company policies and office procedures
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient with Web-based tools such as Remedy, RayTrack, SPEED, CAFM, MeetingSmart, DocuShare
Desired Attributes and Abilities:
- Ability to maintain the confidentiality of privileged information.
- Personable, friendly, and engaging; ability to represent the SD&P directorate in a professional and friendly manner.
- Comfortable interfacing with all levels of the organization
- Proactive – the successful candidate should be able to anticipate needs, think independently and to determine appropriate action without direction from Director/Deputy
- Ability to adapt and learn new skills quickly
- Communicate with confidence.
High School Diploma or equivalent
Raytheon is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status, or any other protected factor.
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Missile Systems
- 2011 sales: $5.6 billion
- 11,900 employees
- Headquartered in Tucson, Arizona
- World's largest developer, producer and integrator of weapon systems
- More than 1 million missiles produced since 1954
- Broad weapons portfolio
- Smart munitions
- Kinetic kill vehicles
- Directed energy weapons
- Customers: All U.S. military services; allied forces of more than 40 countries
- Strong commitment to the global marketplace
Raytheon - 16 months ago
Raytheon ("light of the gods") took a shine to its place in the upper pantheon of US military contractors; the company regularly...