The Water Authority is seeking a highly motivated and skilled administrative professional with a proven track record of providing excellent service and support in a fast paced and dynamic work environment. The Executive Administrative Assistant will provide frontline administrative support to the General Manager of the Water Authority. The Water Authority is one of the highest quality and dynamic public organizations in the San Diego area. You will have the opportunity to be part of an extraordinary team dedicated to serving the needs of the San Diego County region for a safe and highly reliable source of water. This position will challenge you to excel at your organizational, interpersonal, and strategic thinking skills.
The successful candidate will:
- Provide highly responsible and confidential assistant services to the General Manager in a dynamic, high profile work environment;
- Interact with Board members, representatives of member agencies, top elected officials, officials of other governmental agencies, Water Authority department heads, business and community organizations, interest groups, the media and the public, requiring diplomacy and tact;
- Provide oversight of all administrative functions of the General Manager’s Office to ensure a high level of support and customer service;
- Identify and implement innovative practices and systems that enhance the overall organization of the General Manager’s Office;
- Handle multiple projects and assignments. Able to quickly adapt to a change in priorities and timelines;
- Act as a liaison and mentor for all Water Authority administrative personnel to ensure a seamless flow of information for the efficient and effective operation of the organization;
- Strategize and carryout the complex system of scheduling meetings of stakeholders, community members, and key staff in various arenas to facilitate attaining the goals of the organization. Manage a challenging calendar and travel schedule;
- Perform a variety of intricate, responsible, specialized administrative support functions that require a thorough knowledge of Water Authority procedures and practices, with a significant degree of independence and accountability for results;
Skills and Experience
- Graduation from high school or G.E.D. equivalent and six years of increasingly responsible office administrative experience, which includes supervisory experience; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Completion of college courses leading to an Associate of Arts degree or certification as a professional secretary is strongly encouraged.
- Experience in a government setting dealing with elected and appointed officials is highly desirable.
- Strong PC skills with proficiencies in Microsoft Office, Microsoft Outlook, PowerPoint and PeopleSoft or related software highly desired.
- A valid California driver’s license is required and the ability to maintain insurability under the Authority’s vehicle insurance policy.
A bility to:
- Utilize excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Demonstrate a high level of integrity in the work performed;
- Exercise excellent judgment and discretion;
- Demonstrate excellent relationship management skills;
- Research, analyze and follow-through on projects;
- Make decisions independently and be self-managed; and
- Work on multiple projects at once.
Minimum salary begins at $5,576 per month. (Appointments may be made above the minimum salary. The salary will be established commensurate with the qualifications of the individual selected for the position).
To be considered for this position, please submit an employment Application online. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a completed application. Application review will begin October 28, 2013 , and the position will be open until filled .
Please consider applying early if you are new to the NeoGov application system to ensure timely and successful navigation. For technical assistance with the application system, please contact NeoGov at 1-888-636-4681.
All application and resume materials will be evaluated in relation to the criteria outlined in this posting. The selection process may consist of an oral board interview, skills assessment and/or other appropriate screening devices.
ABOUT THE WATER AUTHORITY
The Water Authority is a public agency that serves the San Diego region as a wholesale supplier of water. The Water Authority works with its 24 member retail water agencies and cities to provide a reliable water supply to support the region’s $188 billion economy and the quality of life of 3.1 million people.
The Water Authority is governed by a 36 member Board of Directors. Each of the 24 member agencies has at least one representative on the Board. The directors are appointed representatives of the member agencies. They are business and civic leaders and water industry officials with diverse professional and technical backgrounds
The San Diego County Water Authority is a public agency serving the San Diego region as a wholesale supplier of water from the Colorado...