About Whirlpool Corporation
Whirlpool is the industry leader in the manufacturing and marketing of home appliances. Whirlpool is a global company and markets Whirlpool, Maytag, KitchenAid, Jenn-Air, Amana, Brastemp, Bauknecht, Consul and other major brand names in more than 170 countries around the world.
Whirlpool is a company that creates innovative solutions and products to meet consumer needs. As a result, we have been recognized as one of the world's 100 most innovative companies by Business Week magazine and the Boston Consulting Group. Additionally, Whirlpool Corporation was ranked among the Top 20 Innovators in Consumer Products by The Patent Board and has been consistently ranked as one of the Top 20 Companies for Leaders by Hewitt Associates and Fortune magazine.
Currently, we are seeking qualified candidates for an Executive Administrative Assistant opening to support our North American Logistics organization.
Day to Day (what a typical day or week look like in this role)
The Administrative Assistant will provide administrative support for the Sr. Director of North American Logistics and her staff.
What You Will Do
- General Administrative Support: Draft, prepare and organize business correspondence, presentations, reports, spreadsheets, etc. in a timely fashion; summarize and prioritize incoming correspondence; make photocopies; organize, file and manage all types of records (paper and electronic, including e-mail) according to Whirlpool's Records and Information Management Policy; manage expenses; ensure proper payment of professional dues for department; etc.
- Schedule Management: Manage schedule, calendar, and travel arrangements; keep passport and necessary visas current; coordinate and prepare for meetings, presentations, teleconferences, internal team activities, training programs, etc.
- First Contact: Answer, prioritize and direct communications such as phone calls, mail and e-mails; respond to phone calls, faxes, and letters from customers, forwarding to appropriate departments for resolution; follow-up as needed.
- Coordination & Teamwork: Coordinate administrative activities of the organization to help ensure effective management of department, drive best practices, resolve issues, and create value for team. Plan and ensure effectiveness of team events and meetings. Actively participate in staff meetings and helps to drive consensus on critical issues.
- Process Disciplines: Develop and/or manage cross functional administrative processes to ensure good communication and efficiencies. Assist in development and maintenance of a centralized location with process manual, calendar, org charts, communication briefs, etc. Ability to create and modify processes, and provide leadership for following the processes across administrative professionals. Act as custodian for the Logistics Operating System (series of meetings, events, inputs / outputs) that drive value and discipline for the team.
- Maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Judgment to proactively identify, prioritize, and address issues.
- A positive, teamwork oriented attitude and flexible approach.
- Ability to be extremely precise and detail-oriented as required, but also to work quickly and provide fast turnaround where necessary.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment by organizing and prioritizing work and managing multiple tasks simultaneously, within deadlines.
- Willingness and ability to take initiative, anticipate issues, and offer solutions.
- Discipline and organization skills and practices to consistently, reliably, and independently follow through with limited supervision.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, yet press for clarity as required
- Excellent PC skills, including strong proficiency in Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
What You Need To Succeed
- Excellent PC skills, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, e-mail, Internet search engines, etc.
- Ability to work independently and under pressure to meet deadlines.
- A minimum of a high school diploma, Bachelor's degree preferred
- Strong Character and Values including high integrity, trust, and respect, as well as ensuring that the highest levels of confidentiality are maintained.
- The ability to foster an Inclusive and engaging environment that uses Diverse thoughts, beliefs, and opinions. Excellent interpersonal skills with Diverse team members, client groups, process partners, and senior management.
- Exceptional Communication skills, including effective written, oral, and presentation skills necessary to effectively and diplomatically convey information to and/or influence a wide range of audiences, including all levels within the company as well as third parties. Among other things, strong communication skills with other Whirlpool leaders and their assistants, and shareholders, as well as consumers.
- Excellent Management Skills, including the ability to set priorities and identify issues, develop processes, and facilitate results through collaboration with others.
- Driver of Change that creatively mobilizes resources to shape the transformation of the Department; demonstrated skills in project and process organization and management to drive results.
Whirlpool has big plans for the future, just like you. We understand that it takes preparation and hard work to get there. So, we offer challenging purpose, ownership of your role, great teams, and tools to build your capability. In our performance-based setting, you can take your career in exciting new directions - and as far as you want to go.
Whirlpool - 16 months ago
With brand names recognized by just about anyone who has ever separated dark colors from light, Whirlpool is one of the world's top...