Executive Administrator, Marketing
This position provides executive-level administrative and project management support to the SVP of Marketing and the marketing team. The successful candidate will be a self-starter who can recognize when processes can be improved and who will take the initiative to present ideas -- embracing a continuous improvement philosophy. Using professional and well-developed communication skills, the Executive Assistant will effectively collaborate with a variety of people, accomplishing tasks of varied complexity and scope. They will work as a team member of the overall Blue Coat administrative time.
Calendaring, scheduling, meeting and travel support:
Manage complex and dynamic calendaring of internal and external meeting schedules, make travel arrangements to multiple locations and manage timely expense reimbursement. This support is provided to the VP level and above team members, as well as the broader team in some cases.
1. Applying for necessary visas and travel documentation for the entire marketing team.
2. Booking travel for the VPs, as well as others when a complex trip is planned.
3. Assisting with scheduling of management meetings, both at headquarters as well as offsite. Frequent need to order food to support meetings.
4. Managing communications (incoming mail and telephone calls) with vendors, customers, executives, and staff.
5. Creating communication materials (emails, memos). Compiling and publishing bi-weekly status reports for the team.
6. Acting as back up for other EAs within the company
Marketing team support:
Support members of the marketing team as needed for projects and meeting logistics.
1. Onboarding new employees by collaborating with facilities and IT
2. Opening all POs for the marketing team, managing the process of contract approvals and adding new vendors.
3. Providing support for the facilities and equipment needs of the t eam
4. Maintaining organization chart, contact information, distribution lists, and department descriptions
5. Project management for specific aspects of marketing programs, such as customer councils, employee events and coordination of logistics of meetings at trade shows.
Successful candidate must possess the following skills and behaviors:
· Positive outlook and desire for a fast paced, dynamic work environment. Ability to gracefully adapt to changes and juggle priorities.
· Ability to multitask and adapt to changing priorities, coordinate complex workloads, handle details, and meet deadlines effectively.
· A high degree of professional independence, initiative, organization, time management, self-discipline, and good judgment. Should be a role model for others
· Highly skilled at developing strong working relationships and working collaboratively with a broad range of staff and in a variety of roles - thrives in a team setting
· Excellent communication skills, both oral and written; ability to interact with employees at all levels; ability to resolve employee/client/community relations issues with tact and diplomacy; display exemplary customer service skills and use discretion and maturity when dealing with confidential and sensitive information
· Familiarity with scheduling meetings across multiple time zones and accommodating needs of the geographically distributed team.
· Strong computer skills, MS Office Suite, Outlook Exchange, Visio, Oracle, salesforce.com and ability to address basic hardware needs
· Must learn quickly, be open to change, enjoy new projects and challenges. They must demonstrate a commitment to continuous improvement by streamlining processes and procedures and suggesting other target opportunities
· Anticipate and proactively address the needs of the teams, as appropriate, to further their efficiency and effectiveness
· Demonstrates accountability for own activities; able to identify and take responsibility for carrying out solutions to administrative problems; is persistent in addressing obstacles, drives for closure
· Familiarity with concepts and practices relating to budget management; proven analytical capability, applies logic and creativity
· Demonstrates self-confidence and self-awareness; learns from mistakes, not afraid to try something new, likes to grow in experience and skills
· Familiarity with International travel booking and the processing of necessary visas.
· The EA will be expected to demonstrate strong business judgment, professional etiquette and organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills.
Job Requirements : -- College degree preferred -- 5+ years experience in senior administrative support roles that include event planning/project management, preferably within a technology company.
Blue Coat Systems - 21 months ago