The primary purpose of this position is to provide administrative support to the Vice President, Health Plan Sales and department Directors. Responsbilities include:
· Assists Vice President, Health Plan Sales and Directors by preparing calendar, scheduling meetings, and providing administrative support.
· Maintains daily, weekly and monthly calendar.
· Handles incoming calls and returns calls on behalf of Vice President, Health Plan Sales and Directors.
· Forwards messages to Vice President, Health Plan Sales and Directors from management staff.
· Calls clients, vendors, and business contacts to schedule and reschedule meetings.
· Schedules appointments and meetings with Vice President, Health Plan Sales and Directors as requested by management staff.
· Makes travel arrangements for Vice President, Health Plan Sales, Directors and department; Assists other departments with travel arrangements as needed.
· Maintains all travel records, tickets/vouchers and refunds; and follows travel policy and assists in educating travelers on travel policy and changes.
· Coordinates arrangements for breakfast meetings, lunch meetings, staff meetings, conference calls and other meetings.
· Coordinates various functions for internal and external purposes.
· Assists with preparation and monitoring of department budget.
· Provides personal assistance.
· Participates with members of management to discuss operational and organizational matters and provides support as needed.
· Prepares confidential documents.
· Makes copies, faxes and files as required.
· Coordinates a variety of reports and information and provides administrative support to department.
· Prepares and/or oversees preparation of various monthly presentations for health plans and clients.
· Reports monthly progress to Vice President, Health Plan Sales.
· Assists with planning and direction of department workflow as directed.
· Assists in project management activities.
· Serves as backup support for Chief Executive Officer’s Executive Administrator to include calendar, travel, incoming mail, etc.
· Monitors and follows up with department staff to ensure workstations have appropriate equipment and supplies, ensures department equipment is functioning properly, and inventories and orders supplies as needed.
· Manages tickets and catering for Padres Events, Charger Events, and SDSU Aztec Events.
· Performs other responsibilities and duties as assigned.
· Associate’s degree in related field or equivalent experience.
· Minimum one year experience providing administrative support to an executive; and experience managing calendars and schedules and coordinating travel.
· Proficient in MS Office and Outlook; and experience with word processing, database management, and creating forms, spreadsheets, and presentations.
· Strong editing and analytical skills.
· Demonstrated ability to interact in a positive, respectful manner and establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
· Ability to display excellent customer service to meet the needs and expectations of both internal and external customers.
· Excellent listening and interpersonal communication skills to identify critical core competencies based on success factors and organizational environment; and effective written communication skills.
· Ability to effectively organize, prioritize, multi-task and manage time.
· Demonstrated accuracy and productivity in a changing environment with constant interruptions.
· Demonstrated ability to analyze information, problems, issues, situations and procedures to develop effective solutions.
· Ability to exercise strict confidentiality in all matters.
Mobility - Primarily sedentary, able to sit for long periods of time.
Physical Requirements – Ability to speak, see and hear other personnel and/or objects. Ability to communicate both in oral and written form. Ability to travel within and outside the facilit. Capable of using a telephone and computer keyboard. Ability to lift up to 10 lbs.
Environmental Conditions - Usual office setting.