CEB (NYSE: CEB) is the leading member-based advisory company. By combining the best practices of thousands of member companies with our advanced research methodologies and human capital analytics, we equip senior leaders and their teams with insight and actionable solutions to transform operations. This distinctive approach, pioneered by CEB, enables executives to harness peer perspectives and tap into breakthrough innovation without costly consulting or reinvention. The CEB member network includes more than 16,000 executives and the majority of top companies globally.
The Executive Advisor role is responsible for improving the customer experience and inflecting revenue outcomes by articulating/translating how CEB content and services map to specific customer challenges, ensuring the fulfillment of these needs, and contributing to the alignment of future CEB offerings to membership/market trends. This individual supports the revenue teams and collaborates with the research teams.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Delivers customized insights to sales executives in North America by mapping customer needs to existing research
- Faciliates meetings (live and virtual), strategic offsites, and networkings within and amongst sales executives
- Partners with revenue team (in-person meetings, webinars, phone calls, written correspondence) to engage customers, diagnose customer needs, align CEB research and services to these needs, and demonstrate urgency for the revenue transaction.
- Supports programs’ effective market positioning through understanding key competitors, developing messaging around key product differentiators, and contributes to the creation of internal/external sales collateral as needed.
- Partners with revenue team to create service plans and targeted utilization strategies for members that drive commercial outcomes.
- Supports the creation of new and/or improved products and services by providing market feedback to department leadership and research team.
- Provides research, networking, and member value story leads to research team.
- Provides content training and scripting for revenue team; coaches team members as needed.
- Completes other duties as assigned
Customer Service Skills
Communication and Presentation Skills
- Superior customer service ethic
- Excellent relationship-building skills
- Willingness to work outside the strict job description parameters, thinking creatively about how to provide the highest level of service
Analytic and Research Skills
- Superior interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to present self professionally and intelligently to internal/external clients
- Ability to conduct substantive content discussions with senior-level contacts at member organizations
- Exceptional ability to immediately establish one’s credibility with senior executives
Organization/Project Management Skills
- Strong analytic skills
- Superior problem solving ability
- Ability to learn substance of research quickly
- Intellectual curiosity and dedication to mastering complex terrain
- Ability to diagnose prospect/member needs and identify relevant resources
- High proficiency in distilling massive amounts of data
- Effective time management skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent organization, multitasking, and prioritization skills
- Ability to drive urgency in the sales cycle
- Demonstrated poise and grace under pressure
- Demonstrated initiative and resourcefulness
- Superior judgment
- Ability to work independently and with a team
- Ability to build relationships and work well across functions
- Strong work ethic
- Strong attention to detail
For more information on other exciting opportunities, please visit
- Graduated with exceptional performance in undergraduate/graduate academics
- MBA, JD, or other graduate degrees preferred
- 4 – 6 years in sales/sales training preferred
- Ability to travel up to an estimated 40%
Corporate Executive Board is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Research, Advisory Services, & Executive Education
Corporate Executive Board - 18 months ago