PATH is an international nonprofit organization that transforms global health through innovation. We take an entrepreneurial approach to developing and delivering high-impact, low-cost solutions, from lifesaving vaccines and devices to collaborative programs with communities. Through our work in more than 70 countries, PATH and our partners empower people to achieve their full potential.
The External Relations division provides leadership and strategy for PATH’s brand management, resource development and audience engagement. The Executive Assistant to the Vice President, External Relations, is responsible for executive level support across a broad range of activities in support of organizational communications, fundraising and branding strategies and may include providing support to the other leaders within External Relations. Specific responsibilities include:
- Develop and maintain procedures and systems that ensure information circulates effectively among the Vice President’s office and multiple departments across PATH, the executive leadership team, and partners at the senior level.
- Serve as the primary point of liaison and administrative contact for the vice president’s office, handing confidential and sensitive information appropriately.
- Support senior management by coordination of meetings, information dissemination, and systems and procedures, including the tracking and reporting of partnership management efforts for the executive leadership team.
- Coordinate drafting proposals, reports, work plans, Gantt/project management charts, and PowerPoint presentations, proofread, edit, and internal review and final submission of documents.
- Coordinate arrangements for partner events, conferences, workshops, meetings, and other events, including co-organizing logistics for Annual Leaders meeting.
- Assist in the tracking and reporting of event or project budgets.
- Provide support to the vice president in agenda setting, problem solving, project planning and management.
- Prepare and review internal and external correspondence; ensure quality and accuracy of information.
- Research background information for meetings, reports, speeches and executive correspondence.
- Manage the vice president’s calendar and schedule, including prioritization, follow-up and dissemination of information.
- Manage the vice president’s domestic and international travel planning. Complete required documentation prior to travel and submission of travel expenses following trip completion.
- Support the vice president in managing and fulfilling role as a PATH representative to local and international organizations.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience managing documentation for senior management, including drafting, proofreading and editing documents.
- Excellent computer skills using MS Office Suite, in particular PowerPoint, proficiency in Sharepoint highly desired.
- Superior interpersonal skills, coupled with sound judgment and problem-solving capabilities.
- Strong organizational skills within a fast-paced work environment, including proven ability to effectively prioritize competing demands and adapt easily and quickly to changing priorities.
- Collaborative working style with the ability to independently initiate and coordinate projects across departments within a large organization.
- Proven ability to be proactive and diplomatic in communications with staff and external contacts.
- Experience in and/or understanding of communications, marketing and branding disciplines preferred.
- Experience working in a technical or scientific environment, including global health or public health considered an asset.
- Ability to create and maintain tracking and data management systems.
- Experience supporting senior management at the VP or CEO level.
Associate’s degree, Bachelor’s degree preferred, plus a minimum of five years of directly related experience including responsibility for supporting senior management; may be an equivalent combination of education and experience. Must have experience working in a professional environment. Experience working with colleagues at a distance a plus.
Must have legal authorization to work in the United States.
PATH is dedicated to diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.
PATH - 13 months ago