MedStar Georgetown University Hospital (MGUH) is seeking applicants for skilled Executive Assistants. These positions support executives in the hospital or physicians in the Georgetown Physician Practices (GPG).
If you are passionate about the quality of care patients and families receive in an acute care setting, you can make a difference in these positions. As an Assistant to an executive, you are supporting the MGUH vision to be a trusted leader in caring for people and advancing health. MGUH executives need your support to advance the strategic initiatives to expand opportunities for providing healthcare in the DC, Maryland and Virginia areas.
As an Executive Assistant to a physician(s), you will be working for the physician and administrators in GPG specialty practices. Areas of excellence include gastroenterology, the Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center, neurosciences and The Transplant Institute, among others.
All associates at MedStar Georgetown University Hospital support the physical and spiritual comfort of our patients and families in the Jesuit tradition of cura personalis , caring for the whole person.
These are excellent opportunities to learn about the operations of a hospital and physician practices with a reputation for medical excellence and leadership!
Positions Are Currently Available in the Following Departments:
- Assist, facilitate and execute duties to support the operational, management and financial activities of the department(s)/division(s).
- Coordinate the administrative details related to the responsibilities of the hospital executives or physicians.
- Maintain calendar and arrange appointments. Screen incoming telephone calls and answer/refer inquiries as appropriate.
- Perform a variety of administrative support functions, including drafting, editing and proofreading correspondence, reports, spreadsheets, policies and procedures and other documents.
- Act as a liaison within the department/division, MGUH and MedStar Health System.
- Associate's degree required; Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Three (3) years of progressively responsible office experience, preferably in a medical setting.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Excellent oral communication, writing and organizational skills and abilities with attention to detail.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite and other electronic applications, such as electronic medical records, database applications, desktop publishing, statistical programs and communications.
- Ability to proactively identify and support any activities that support excellent patient care.
Qualified applicants will be contacted via email to take a career assessment. On-site testing at Arlington, Virginia to assess skill proficiency is also required.
About MedStar Georgetown University Hospital:
MedStar Georgetown University Hospital is a not-for-profit, acute-care teaching and research hospital located in Northwest Washington, DC. With a 609-licensed- bed hospital and 1,100 physicians, MedStar Georgetown's clinical services represent one of the largest healthcare delivery networks in the area. Founded in the Jesuit principle of cura personalis - caring for the whole person - we are committed to offering a variety of innovative diagnostic and treatment options within a trusting and compassionate environment. Along with Magnet nurses, internationally recognized physicians, advanced research and cutting-edge technologies, MedStar Georgetown's healthcare professionals have a reputation for medical excellence and leadership.
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation.
- Superb educational opportunities plus tuition assistance.
- A generous benefits package, including several health insurance options, up to 20 days paid leave in the first year, personal and legal holidays, and more.
- New and upgraded training facility.
- Free shuttle from Metro stations.
- A commitment to excellence in all we do!
Career, Employment, Jobs, Opening, Shift, Schedule, Staff, Department, Unit, Office, Occupation, Compensation, Salary, Benefits, Description, Days, Evenings, Nights, Weekends, Full Time, Part Time, PRN, Per Diem, Hospital, Health Care, Clinic, Healthcare, Physician, Medical, Clinical, Administrative Assistant, Admin Asst, Receptionist, Scheduler, Clerk, Clerical, Secretary, Secretarial, MS Office, Microsoft, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
MedStar Georgetown University Hospital - 15 months ago
MedStar Georgetown University Hospital is a not-for-profit, acute-care teaching and research hospital with 609 beds located in Northwest...