Provide executive-level administrative support to MDS Executive Director with little or no direction. Position maintains high level of responsibility, exercising discretion and sound independent judgment in performing assigned tasks.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES (Minimum 37.5 hrs/wk):
• Draft letters, correspondence and other materials with little direction.
• Schedule and coordinate MDS International Executive Committee and other (committees, etc.) meetings, conference calls, including agenda preparation and meeting/event logistics.
• Prepare minutes of the MDS International Executive Committee conference calls and other teleconferences/meetings (committees, etc.), as needed.
• Maintain and update MDS policies and procedures.
• Schedule appointments and travel arrangements.
• Research and gather information and work with a variety of people to coordinate initiatives and projects.
• Communicate with related organizations, government agencies, printing, mailing and other vendors, and various committee members as needed.
• Work with internal departments (IS, TS, CS, Mail, Accounting, etc.) as needed for MDS projects.
• Assist with incoming and outgoing e-mails, phone calls, correspondence, copying, filing, faxes and other day-to-day organizational functions.
• Maintain confidentiality.
• Carry out other related responsibilities as assigned.
AMOUNT OF TRAVEL REQUIRED: Up to 2 weeks per year, and may include some international travel. Some early morning/evening and weekend work may be required.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: Bachelor’s degree preferred. Proficient in Windows, MS Word and MS Excel. Experience with MS PowerPoint, and iMIS and/or MS Access a plus. Oral, written, organizational and proofreading skills essential.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: (example - lifting, packaging, etc.) Occasional lifting of up to 50 pounds may be required.
Executive Director Incorporated - 16 months ago