The Executive Assistant oversees the smooth and efficient operations of all administrative activities within the Clinic Administration office suite.
Communicates with a wide array of internal and external constituents for Senior Vice President & Chief Medical Officer (SVP & CMO), including executives from pharmaceutical, academic and other environments, VIP patients, physicians seeking referrals, Joslin trustees as well as all levels within Joslin. This role is also responsible for managing the credentialing process, handling patient complaints/concerns and functions as patient-liaison for the SVP & CMO patient panel, including patient scheduling. Also provides administrative support for Vice President, Planning and Advocacy (VP, P &A) and Vice President, Clinical Operations (VP, CO).
- Directly supports the SVP & CMO, VP, P &A and VP, CO by performing all general office responsibilities, making travel arrangements, managing daily calendar, taking meeting minutes and transcribing them, composing correspondence, assisting with lecture preparation and performing special projects and ensures that direct reports have timely access to SVP & CMO, VP, P & A and VP, CO
- Ensures excellent communication and office functioning
- Manages the credentialing process for clinical staff in a smooth, timely and efficient manner
- Handles patient complaints according to established procedure ensuring optimal resolution. Documents full record of each event and consults with appropriate staff as needed
- Performs all administrative support functions for SVP & CMO’s patient panel
- Prioritize mail and correspondence
- Answer telephones and handle inquiries in a professional, courteous manner. Screen calls directing caller to Executives only when appropriate.
- Review and edit correspondence, both general and confidential. Accurately format and edit correspondence for SVP & CMO, VP, P &A and VP, CO signatures
- Create and maintain on a timely basis the filing and storage system
- Act as liaison for SVP & CMO, VP, P &A and VP, CO in maintaining effective communications with outside visitor
- Anticipate and ensure that all office supplies and equipment are available when needed
- College degree preferred or commensurate experience
- Minimum 5 years executive assistant experience
- This position requires the utmost professionalism, superior judgment and discretion
- C onfidentiality and time management are of the utmost importance and the ability to complete assignments on time and accurately is expected
- Must be able to execute multiple tasks simultaneously
- Must be able to work independently, confidentially and prioritize duties.
- Must be willing to accept a wide range of tasks and assignments
- Strong business, organizational and administrative skills are essential
- Comfortable with technology and computer applications (Excellent key boarding skills, Expert knowledge in Microsoft Office)
- Excellent writing skills
- Must be able to interact with Trustees, patients and staff in a professional manner
Joslin Diabetes Center is an EEO M/F/D/V
Joslin Diabetes Center - 8 months ago