The Executive Assistant (Office of Commercialization and Ventures; Joslin Business Development) is responsible for providing organizational and executive administrative assistance to the Vice President, Commercialization and Ventures and other assigned executives using discretion and independent judgment. Must handle internal and external information in a confidential manner and be able to work under pressure in a professional manner. This position will play an important role in the Department’s conduct of business with partners, collaborators and external alliances.
- Takes broad direction from the Vice President, Commercialization & Ventures and other assigned executives, such as VP, Clinical Innovation and VP, Technology Innovation, and initiates work plans to complete tasks and mobilize projects
- Acts as a liaison between supported executives and internal professionals in clinic, research, health solutions, administrative staff, and outside visitors, collaborators and partners
- Performs all general office coordination tasks which include, but are not limited to sorting and prioritizing mail, greeting and facilitating visitors, processing invoices and expense reports, creating and maintaining file systems, faxing documents, FedEx, ordering office supplies
- Composes, reviews and edits correspondence, both general and confidential and manages records of agreements, reports and other business correspondence with external parties.
- Manages calendars and schedules for VP, Commercialization & Ventures and supports activities of all personnel including meetings and travel for personnel within OCV
- Creates the right interface with external parties and works closely with the VP, OCV to set priorities and to promote the image and business dealings of OCV while ensuring that calls and meetings are screened for appropriate purpose and timing schedules.
- Assist in administrative matters with related functions such as Legal Office by working with the General Counsel as required and identified by the GC and VP, OCV.
- Coordinates and schedules meetings including: securing meeting locations, reserving audio visual equipment, ordering food, distributing reminders, agenda preparation and taking meeting minutes for distribution
- Screens telephone calls, i.e., discern when a problem exists and what attention is required; directs calls and takes messages; schedule and places conference calls
- Performs other related administrative duties as assigned
- College degree preferred
- Minimum 5 years of executive level administrative experience
- Interact effectively and professionally with high level business individuals, patients, senior management as well as all other employee levels
- Strong business, organizational, and administrative skills
- Exceptional inter-personal and human management skills
- Advanced knowledge of all Microsoft Office Products, especially PowerPoint, Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Ability to handle and learn software, audio-visual and other technology systems
- Demonstrated experience with calendar management
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent multi-tasking skills in a fast paced environment
- Must be able to use independent judgment by anticipating future needs and proactively tending to those needs
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Excellent typing skills
- Clear and effective communication and writing skills
Joslin is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans
Joslin Diabetes Center - 4 months ago