Amazon Kindle Customer Service team is seeking an exceptionally bright, multitasking and motivated individual with a history of high performance to help support our Director, Kindle CS in Seattle, WA, and will additionally provide basic support for other managers in the organization as needed.
The right candidate for this exciting role will be an innovative, curious, detail-oriented, self-starting, organized planner with the demonstrated ability to respond effectively and efficiently while maintaining flexibility, responsible, and extremely adaptive. A good sense of humor is important, as is good judgment, being proactive, and the ability to simplify. The perfect candidate will possess the ability to complete high volumes of tasks, focus on deadline sensitivity with minimal guidance or supervision. As such, the candidate must be skilled at anticipating problems, proactively creating contingency plans, managing multiple priorities, problem solving and organizing logistics. Key to the position is the ability to keep the Director organized, prioritized and on time while also serving as “go to” for areas and departments. While there are no specific areas of technical expertise required, this job requires a fearlessness in dealing with technical subjects.
Responsibilities for this position include the ability to play a leadership role with the administrative support team in customer service, to think and plan ahead, delegate responsibilities appropriately, and manage time effectively. Other key responsibilities include:
- Proactively coordinate and engage with leadership in planning and organizing events, activities and calendars.
- Management of complex calendar and scheduling requirements
- Tracking and helping drive completion of key deliverables and following up on outstanding items
- Acting as a liaison for direct reports
- Driving key team activities (such as staff meeting agendas, all-hands meetings, supply ordering)
- Updating team organizational charts
- Managing group logistics
- Travel coordination
- Participate in planning of events
- Have fun at work and help others do the same
- This position will work with other assistants throughout the customer service team and across the rest of the company.
- Bachelor's degree or related experience is required
- 5+years of experience assisting at the executive or director level
- Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint and Visio
- US citizenship or permanent residency required
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion, and deal with professionals inside and outside the company
- Exceptional written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work in a highly ambiguous environment
** For more information on career opportunities with Amazon Customer Service, please visit http://amazon.com/csjobs **
Amazon.com - 8 months ago