The NASA Space Communications and Navigation (SCaN) office requires conference/meeting preparation support. The support needed requires an individual who would serve as NASA’s Executive Assistant to major ITU Conferences and meetings, such as the World Radiocommunication Conference, the Plenipotentiary, the Radio Assembly and the World Telecommunication Development Conference. The contractor would represent NASA interests by providing support to the heads of delegations from outside NASA to support him/her with delegation administrative requirements and with pre-conference travel, including contacting Embassies for meetings, schedules, hotel reservations, agendas, briefing books and visas.
Assist the head of delegation with:
1. Administrative arrangements for bilateral discussions and travel;
2. Orientation within the State Department;
3. Management of the delegation;
4. Arrangements for representational functions;
5. Responsibility for gathering input used to draft reporting cables and delegation reports as well as correspondence from the Ambassador to other agencies and private sector companies; and,
6. Recognition and appreciation of senior foreign officials.
Works with the Office of Executive Director of EEB on all matters related to the organization of conferences, including:
1. Arranging for a delegation office;
2. Hotel reservations for the delegation;
3. Rental or lease of office equipment;
4. Internet access for the delegation;
5. Arranging security briefings for the U.S. delegation; and,
6. Obtains all necessary country clearances.
Additional requirements include, assembling accrediting and registering U.S. delegations for major meetings such as, ITU conferences and ITU Study Group meetings, CITEL, APEC and OECD meetings. This involves working closely with the White House Liaison Office and the Office of International Conferences. This task also requires that the individual arranges for translations of U.S. contributions and other documents for CITEL meetings, including acting as liaison between translators and CITEL.
Local travel to NASA headquarters and Department of State is required.
International travel to Geneva, Switzerland in support of the head of delegation is required.
Experience working in the State Department supporting Executives, Government Officials, and/or Foreign Nationals
Experience with calendar management, travel/hotel arrangements, coordinating large events, and other administrative tasks on Executive level
Strong written and oral communication
Solid working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, PPT, Outlook)
Able to multi-task and have organizational skills to meet strict deadlines
Flexibility to work various times to support conferences
Ability to travel overseas - must have a current, unexpired passport
Ability to meet government NAC and citizenship/work permit requirements for access to NASA locations; extensive background investigation will be performed as a requirement of the job.
10+ years of experience with a Bachelors degree in Political Science, Foreign Affairs or equivalent.
ASRC Federal and its Subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers.
Washington, DC, United States
Yes, 25 % of the Time
ASRC Research and Technology Solutions - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard