Advancement Project is a public policy change organization rooted in the civil rights movement. We engineer large-scale systems change to remedy inequality, expand opportunity and open paths to upward mobility. Our goal is that members of all communities have the safety, opportunity and health they need to thrive.
Our signature is reach and impact. With our strong ties to diverse communities, unlikely alliances, policy and legal expertise, and creative use of technology, we and our partners have won over $15 billion to extend opportunity. Whether it is to build 150 schools, transform the City of Los Angeles' approach to its gang epidemic, or revolutionize the use of data in policymaking, Advancement Project evens the odds for communities striving to attain equal footing and equal treatment.
This is a high-level, high responsibility position to provide full administrative support to one of our co-directors, a high-profile civil rights attorney. Duties include, but are not limited to, maintaining calendars and contacts, document preparation for meetings, event coordination, liaising with media, taking messages, arranging and scheduling travel and meetings, maintaining files, drafting correspondence, taking messages, conducting research and creating reports and presentations.
Annual salary: Full-time position with compensation commensurate with experience (very competitive to standard compensation in this area).
- 5-7 years of experience as an administrative or executive assistant is a must
- Bachelors Degree required
- Excellent organizational skills and extreme attention to detail
- Comfort working under pressure and tight deadlines
- Ability to multi-task and work in a large busy office
- Interest in working in the public interest field
- Professional demeanor and strong interpersonal skills
- Strong computer skills including complete knowledge of Microsoft Office and strong internet research skills also required.
idealist.org - 17 months ago