A high profile Private Equity Firm in San Francisco is looking for a bright, motivated Concierge and Receptionist. The Concierge plans, organizes, and executes events, including receptions, dinners, and conferences as well as performing general reception duties. This individual will work closely with Senior Management, including the CFO, and will interact with other departments as needed.
- Implements logistics for hosted events, including venue, decor, catering, and audio/visual support
- Organize detailed budgets, timelines, and checklists, and monitors to ensure orderly progress
- Works with Finance to manage and track all expenses
- Facilitates preparation of presentation materials with relevant groups
- Serves as primary point of contact for vendors and other service-providers as required
- Prepares event marketing materials and manages upkeep of events on website
- Coordinates logistics for potential sponsorships of conferences
- Troubleshoots issues to ensure successful execution of events
- Conducts research and monitoring of various sources to ensure comprehensiveness and accuracy of conference and seminar speaking opportunities lists
- Produces post-event budget and feedback reports, gathering speaker evaluations, debriefing of internal attendees, compiling comments, and facilitating follow-up actions, to ensure improved processes and procedures are implemented in future events
- Conducts site visits of potential event venues
- Assist with daily firm lunch orders.
- Help organize company events such as the annual meeting, holiday party, birthday and/or going-away parties.
- Answer /screen phone calls
- Greet guests
- Manage executives' day-to-day scheduling in Goldmine & Outlook
- Make extensive travel & meeting arrangements for the 3 Associates
- Coordinate with admin staff regarding meetings and travel arrangements
- Provide research assistance using online data rooms and internet
- Maintain and update database of contacts in Goldmine.
- At least 2 years of event planning/hospitality experience in professional services, with prior experience planning events in SF/Bay area preferred
- BA from a 4 year College or University is a must
- Proven track record of productively managing multiple events and executing deliverables on-time and within budget
- Highly focused and detail-oriented
- Knowledge of and interest in San Francisco/Bay Area restaurants and event venues
- Strong research skills
- Experience using databases and a client relationship management system
- Willingness to adapt to the many changing requirements
- Collaborative work ethic and ability to work in a team-oriented culture
- Excellent interpersonal, networking, and influencing skills
- Motivated, self-directed, and proactive with a willingness to take on additional projects
- Excellent oral and written communications and presentation skills