Reports to: Manager, Administration
Location: Cheshire, CT
Alexion Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company focused on serving patients with severe and ultra-rare disorders through the innovation, development and commercialization of life-transforming therapeutic products. Alexion is the global leader in complement inhibition, and has developed and markets Soliris® (eculizumab) as a treatment for patients with PNH and aHUS, two debilitating, ultra-rare and life-threatening disorders caused by chronic uncontrolled complement activation. Soliris is currently approved in more than 40 countries for the treatment of PNH, and in the United States and European Union for the treatment of aHUS. Alexion is evaluating other potential indications for Soliris and is pursuing development of other innovative biotechnology product candidates in early stages of development. Further information about Alexion Pharmaceuticals, Inc. can be found at: www.alexionpharma.com .
The Executive Assistant will be responsible for the coordination of activities (operations and planning) and ensuring timely flow of information to and from the executive office. S/he handles details of a highly confidential and critical nature, and must function efficiently and effectively in a fast-paced professional environment. S/he will have a proven ability to independently manage multiple tasks and projects with competing priorities and deadlines, screen and prioritize communications and opportunities from external and internal sources, and organize and maintain administrative processes is essential to this position. The ideal candidate will be dynamic, high-energy, versatile, highly organized, possess the ability to think outside the box while problem solving, and able to support cross-functional coordination in a fast pace environment. S/he will be required to be available during regular business hours, evenings and/or weekends, on occasion/as needed to provide support and assistance to the executive. Some travel may be required.
- Duties include scheduling of appointments, maintenance of calendars, preparation of external/internal correspondence, telephone and visitor screening, travel arrangements, expense reimbursements, coordination of meetings and receptions, preparation of presentation materials, and maintenance/filing of documents.
- Manages all correspondence and communication that comes into the executive’s office, apprises executive on nature/priority of each item, and coordinates responses. At times will make independent decisions regarding scheduling, distribution of calls and e-mails, etc.
- Anticipates potential problems that could impact the executive and coordinates solutions.
- Applies substantial knowledge in the coordination of sensitive reports and analysis (e.g. budgets, board materials, and highly confidential correspondence).
- Handles matters proactively and expeditiously and follows-through on projects to successful completion.
- Expected to provide continuous support in tandem with the executive’s daily schedule and obligations.
As a leading employer in our industry, Alexion is proud to offer a highly competitive package of base and incentive compensation as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the health, wellness and financial security of our employees and their families. Benefits include group medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, relocation assistance and much more. To learn more about Alexion, please visit www.alexionpharma.com or download our App for iPhones and Blackberries.
- Proven ability to work independently and make sound judgments on a day-to-day basis regarding assigned and ad hoc duties with very limited or absence of direction from the executive
- Ability to discern and communicate with the highest level of tact and diplomacy, both verbally and in writing to members of the Board of Directors, the Steering Committee, industry and government officials, analysts, Alexion clients and all levels of the organization.
- Ability to partner with the executive to understand nuances, appropriate protocol and specific preferences of the executive, and execute on the level of support required/expected.
- Ability to follow complex written and verbal instruction.
- Strong interpersonal skills required to persuade and build consensus and cooperation.
- Ability to work under time constraints and be available as needed.
- Top level detail, organizational, and analytical skills required as the nature of the executive’s position leaves little room for error.
- Ability to handle the highest level of confidential issues with the utmost sensitivity.
- Experience supporting C-Level Executives and/or Senior Management
- Extremely proficient in Microsoft Office application (Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook)
Alexion is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative action employer
Alexion - 4 months ago