AMERICAN COUNCIL ON EDUCATION
POSITION TITLE: Executive Assistant to the Vice President
DEPARTMENT/DIVISION: Center for Policy Research and Strategy
POSITION SUMMARY : Executive Assistant will provide assistance to the VP for Policy Research and Strategy.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES OR TASKS:
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE/SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE AND COMPETENCY REQUIREMENTS:
- Provide executive-level administrative support to the Vice President for Policy Research and Strategy.
- Prioritize and manage multiple projects, activities, and communication that are often highly confidential, sensitive, and/or urgent.
- Provide heavy calendar management, requiring interaction with both internal and external constituents, their assistants, as well as ACE consultants, to schedule and coordinate a variety of complex executive meetings.
- Provide administrative support to the Vice President for Policy Research and Strategy and consultants in a variety of capacities including filing, printing, telephone support, copier projects, mail processing, purchase orders, expenses, travel authorizations, invoices and supplies control.
- Draft, edit, and finalize background documents, as well as internal and external correspondence including bulk e-mail correspondence.
- Screen all incoming correspondence and disseminate to appropriate staff members.
- Manage signatory process for all documents needing Vice President’s approval (contracts, PO’s, timesheets and travel authorizations).
- Manage travel schedule and reservations for VP and consultants as needed.
- Coordinate teleconferences and reserving ACE conference rooms, providing on-site assistance as needed.
- Assist in planning complex meetings including roundtables, conferences, and other events by arranging travel and hotel accommodations, communicating with speakers and participants, process travel reimbursements, and producing and tracking purchase orders. Also may assist with on-site meeting operations.
- Monitor inventory, manage ordering, and tracking financial information for invoices and purchase orders related to office supplies.
- Assist with preparation of presentation materials, including slide presentations.
- Conduct research as needed.
- Perform special projects as assigned by the Vice President for Policy Research and Strategy.
- Maintain files, filing procedures and processes for the Vice President’s office.
- Serve as initial point of contact for all telephone calls and visitors, including presidents and government officials, and personally attends to and makes independent referrals and decisions.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL EFFORT: Office environment
- Senior level administrative support experience.
- Excellent communication skills to include written, verbal, and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and professionally with ACE staff, leadership and members of the organization.
- Skill in working as part of a team and collaborating with colleagues.
- Excellent organizational skills and superior attention to detail to organize materials, information, and people in a systematic way to optimize efficiency and minimize duplication of effort.
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction, with the ability to make independent judgments and to discern when action at a higher level is required.
- Ability to conduct basic research and present results in written form.
- Proficiency with MS Office products including Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Bachelor’s degree required. A minimum of 2 years of Administrative Support experience.
ACE is the major coordinating body for all of the nation's higher education institutions provides leadership and a unifying voice on higher education issues and influences public policy through advocacy, research, and program initiatives. We are conveniently located near the Dupont Circle Metro in downtown DC. We offer a highly competitive salary and a very impressive benefits package, a dynamic working environment with exceptional colleagues.
To apply, please scroll down and select the appropriate boxes. Please submit resume and cover letter as one document.
The American Council on Education is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer/D/V
American Council on Education - 19 months ago