The Executive Assistant reports to the Vice President or Director of Division , and is responsible for performing administrative duties for their executive management. The Executive Assistant assists in confidential and time sensitive matters, while interacting with other senior level executives and executive assistants. The Executive Assistant is responsible for assisting their executive by relieving them of complex details and advanced administrative duties, while independently investigating, researching and completing their assigned tasks.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (e.g., in order to be considered to perform this position, the person must be able to perform essential duties and responsibilities listed below):
Coordinates the booking conference rooms, ordering of food, room set up, arrange for audio/visual equipment for various meetings.
Assists in answering telephones, screening calls, and taking messages for Vice President, Director and/or specific department.
Assists division management with preparation of reports, proposals, marketing packages, etc., as requested.
Performs general office duties such as ordering supplies and maintaining department records.
Back-up to relieve the corporate receptionist during breaks and lunch hours on a daily basis. (Applies to those Executive Assistants reporting to the Manager of Executive Assistants).
All other duties as assigned.
1. Makes travel arrangements for Vice President, Director and/or specific department. Responsible for registering department individual(s) for conferences, researching and booking fares, arranging for transportation, lodging, etc. Prepares itinerary.
2. Arranges internal/external meetings as requested.
3. Handles internal policies and procedures to ensure consistent performance of routines.
4. Coordinates the booking conference rooms, ordering of food, room set up, arrange for audio/visual equipment for various meetings.
5. Types correspondence, memos, e-mails, budget and meeting reports, procedures, etc. for department management. May edit and revise as necessary. Prepares expense reports as requested. File, and retrieve corporate documents, records, and reports.
6. Assists in answering telephones, screening calls, and taking messages for Vice President, Director and/or specific department.
7. Assists division management with preparation of reports, proposals, marketing packages, etc., as requested.
8. Opens, sorts and distributes incoming correspondence, including faxes, emails and mail. Performs general office duties such as ordering supplies and maintaining department records.
9. Back-up to relieve the corporate receptionist during breaks and lunch hours on a daily basis. (Applies to those Executive Assistants reporting to the Manager of Executive Assistants).
10. Works with other ASA Executive Assistants throughout ASA to provide customer service whenever needed.
All other duties as assigned.
It is the responsibility of each associate at ASA to keep current with and apply all relevant company policies, regulations and laws impacting his/her area. This includes following standard operating procedures and complying with data privacy. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function listed above satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made in certain circumstances to enable individuals with qualified disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience:
Associate’s Degree preferred, or equivalent work experience.
2+ years of relevant administrative experience.
Experience using and understanding Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point.
Experience using Microsoft Office, especially contacts and calendar components.
The ability to type at least 45 words per minute.
Must be able to adapt to changes in the workplace.
Oral and written communication must be clear and concise.
Must be creative yet detail oriented.
Must possess honesty and integrity.
Must be motivated and inspire others to perform to the best of their ability.
Must be able to maintain confidentiality and assure discreet handling of all business.
Outstanding time management and the ability to utilize all available time and resources.
Ability to work under pressure in a stressful and deadline driven environment.
While the above is a description of the essential functions of the position, other duties, both related and unrelated to the above, may be assigned and therefore required. Unless otherwise specified in writing by ASA management, each associate is expected to perform his/her job at ASA headquarters at 100 Cambridge Street. All job descriptions are subject to change at the discretion of management, and every effort will be made, when possible, to communicate those changes to the associate.
Don't know how you're going to pay for college? You might want to consult ASA, ASAP. American Student Assistance is a private nonprofit...