Audible (a wholly owned subsidiary of Amazon) is seeking an exceptionally bright, web savvy, multitasking and self-motivated individual for the role of Executive Assistant to support the Audible CEO. This position will serve as the single point of contact for all administrative organization, schedule management, documentation, phone, snail and email for the office of the CEO, Audible. Join the company that invented digital audiobooks and is the leader in the category. This position is based at our galleryesque loft-style HQ in Newark, NJ – 20 minutes from Manhattan.
This role requires great organizational skills, the ability to juggle multiple critical requests with maturity and judgment, superior attention to detail, comfort with internet and other technologies, and the ability to meet tight deadlines. A high level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information, and professionalism in dealing with senior professionals inside and outside the company is important, as is a good sense of humor. The successful candidate will be able to complete complex tasks and projects quickly with little to no guidance, react with appropriate urgency to situations that require a quick turnaround, and take effective action without having to know the total picture. The ideal candidate is able to work successfully in a team environment and build effective working relationships inside and outside of the organization, including collaborating with the administrative support team at Amazon.
· Extensive and complex calendar management of all kinds, including global needs and coordination of annual Audible-Amazon planning calendar. Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Outlook is a must, and command of phone- and videoconferencing technologies is important.
· Ensures CEO has appropriate materials and has scheduled time to be prepared for meetings.
· Manages CEO travel arrangements, some of which can be quite complex. This includes meeting set up, travel arrangements, lodging, meals, expense reports, etc.
· Superior writing, proofreading and note-taking skills are required.
· Drafts and sends email responses or other correspondence on behalf of the CEO. This may include prioritizing, organizing, routing, drafting, proofreading or responding to email proactively on behalf of the CEO if appropriate.
· Schedules and organizes CEO’s staff/team meetings and other group events. Ensures that meeting materials are prepared and provided to attendees.
· Provide secondary support to CEO’s direct reports as required.
· May be tasked to manage special projects and/or plan events.
· Participate in space administration.
· Track and help drive completion of key deliverables and follow up on outstanding items.
· Assist with and administer miscellaneous tasks as assigned by the CEO.
Complexity of Work & Independence:
· Operates with considerable autonomy and extreme discretion.
· Work requires creativity and extreme judgment in every area.
· Ability to react with appropriate levels of urgency to situations and events that require quick response or turnaround
· Proactively gathers information and makes recommendations to address complex business issues without being asked or asking.
· Given little to no direction, will explore and determine method for accomplishing objectives.
Leadership & Interpersonal Skills:
· Communicates effectively (oral and written) both internally and externally.
· Provides leadership to achieve desired results.
· Delegates effectively.
· May have direct people management responsibilities.
· Passion and enthusiasm for Audible.
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
· 8+ years of work experience supporting senior management, preferably in high-growth or technology company settings.
· Ability to adhere to strict confidentiality standards.
· Ability to discern appropriate actions in daily situations.
· Highly proficient at Microsoft Office (emphasis on Microsoft Outlook calendar management).
· Strong analytical and spreadsheet skills.
Audible is an Equal Opportunity Employer .
Only qualifying candidates will be contacted.
Amazon strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By...