Bayer HealthCare (BHC) makes an important contribution to human and animal health with its innovative products and by researching new therapeutic approaches promoting science for a better life throughout everything that we do. Our Specialty Pharmaceutical business ranks among the top 10 specialty pharmaceutical companies worldwide. Our global research and development is focused in five distinct areas: Diagnostic Imaging, Hematology/Cardiology, Oncology, Specialized Therapeutics, and Women's Healthcare. As a specialty pharmaceuticals company, we focus our efforts in areas of high unmet medical need and where we can have the most impact. Our Medical Care division consists of Diabetes Care and Radiology and Interventional. The Diabetes Care division is one of the largest blood glucose monitoring businesses in the world, supporting customers in 100 countries. Radiology and Interventional is the world's leading supplier of contrast agents and injection systems for diagnostic and therapeutic medical procedures. The business also supplies mechanical systems for removing thrombi from blood vessels. Our Consumer Care business is a top competitor in many important product categories including analgesics, cough and cold, and nutritionals. More than 3,000 employees support 14 manufacturing sites in 11 countries dedicated to ensuring the delivery of a secure, high-quality, cost-effective supply of our products around the world. Our Animal Health business in North America is dedicated to making the world a better place for our veterinary customers, their clients, and the animals we all hold dear. Administration We offer a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefit programs. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will be eligible for an array of innovative rewards and recognition programs, variable pay and incentive opportunities as well as benefits coverage beginning on your first day of employment. We are committed to helping our employees maintain a healthy balance between their responsibilities at work and home. You will be eligible for paid time off programs, paid company holidays, flexible work options and numerous site conveniences. We are also committed to supporting your professional development through career ladders, training programs, tuition assistance and professional association events.
If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, we encourage you to explore how you can make a difference at Bayer by applying now.
To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes. The primary responsibility of this role is to:
The selected candidate is required to possess the following:
- Handle all administrative tasks as well as special project assignments for the President and General Manager and the Director of Communications.
- Responsible for managing the schedules, arranging travel itineraries, preparing letters, memos, and other documents, handling incoming and outgoing calls, correspondence, assembling reports, and other related administrative support functions as needed.
- Make decisions using considerable discretion, independent judgment and established procedures.
- Maintain absolute confidentiality while dealing with all levels of company management and personnel, company financial partners, equity partners and outside service providers.
- Collect and analyze data to produce reports in support of President†s responsibilities.
- Develop and produce professional presentations for use with financial and business partners, management team members, company meetings, executive meetings and customers.
- Schedule and communicate staff, company-wide, project/product, and team leader meetings to multiple levels of the organization.
- Exhibit a strong sense of commitment and the capacity to function in an autonomous environment.
- Manages expense reports and travel for President and Director of Communications
- Create purchase requisition and approve invoices for vendors as required.
- Conduct all activities with high ethics and integrity.
- Manage follow-up actions effectively including follow up on work due from others to ensure timely delivery
- A high school degree or its equivalent with a minimum of 7 years or relevant experience or Associate†s degree with a minimum of 5 years of applicable business experience.
- Demonstrated successful experience supporting senior executive level company officers.
- Previous office management experience.
- Experience in a health care environment is preferred.
- Strong business and analytical capabilities.
- High level of professional computer (Microsoft Office) and Internet skills.
- Knowledge of financial, business and legal documents (minutes, contracts, intellectual property, etc.).
- Ability to perform detailed research for projects utilizing the Internet and other tools.
- Ability to develop and produce professional presentations.
- Strong sense of commitment and the capacity to function in an autonomous environment.
- Excellent ability to organize and prioritize work responsibilities and follow up effectively.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Flexible and able to easily adapt to changing priorities and schedules, including ability to work overtime, sometimes on short notice.
- Work collaboratively and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, customers and visitors.
- Ability to effectively problem-solve.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Ability to facilitate activities necessary to a project†s completion and to manage projects among cross-functional teams.
Bayerjobs.com - 24 months ago
copy to clipboard
For when you can't "bayer" the pain, Bayer Corporation makes your medicine. The US headquarters of pharmaceuticals and...