BET Networks is currently seeking an Executive Assistant to join the Original Programming team. S/he will report to the President, Original Programming, Planning & Acquisitions and this position will be based in our Los Angeles office.
We seek a skilled executive assistant professional to provide support to the President, Original Programming.
The position of Executive Assistant requires a mature individual with excellent organizational skills and a strong sense of responsibility. S/he is a motivated self-starter with the ability to work independently, prioritize and anticipate the needs of the President. More importantly, s/he will have a demonstrated ability to work cooperatively as a team member while maintaining a professional, organized and pleasant environment.
Specific responsibilities include:
The ideal candidate will have significant executive administrative experience, with proven success supporting executives and/or a senior executive team. S/he must have a minimum of 10 years’ experience as Executive Assistant in fast-paced environment.
- Handle sensitive information with good judgment and discretion.
- Maintain schedule and manage calendar.
- Organize conferences and set up regional events as needed.
- Create and maintain all travel itineraries.
- Submit travel and other business related expenses for reimbursement consistent with company policies.
- Maintain familiarity with all office equipment (telephone, photocopier, fax, computer, printer, etc.)
- Be proactive and stay informed of company administrative policies and issues.
- Maintain files and process reports in accordance with company policy.
- Track all reimbursement requests.
- Maintain and update Outlook Contact database.
- Perform other general administrative duties and projects as assigned.
- Prepare invoices, reports, memos, letters, financial statements and other documents, using word processing, spreadsheet, database, and/or presentation software.
- Read and analyze incoming memos, submissions, and reports in order to determine their significance and plan their distribution.
- Greet all visitors and determine whether they should be given access to specific individuals.
Additionally, s/he should possess the following:
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Professional demeanor;
- On behalf of the President, Original Programming, take the initiative to solve problems/issues that arise day-to-day;
- A positive, friendly and helpful attitude;
- Ability to handle sensitive and/or confidential material and information appropriately;
- Knowledge of with office equipment (copier, fax, phone, computer);
- In-depth knowledge of MS Word, Outlook some Power Point and Excel;
- Outstanding attention to detail;
- An ability to work independently and is very much a self starter;
- An ability to multi-task and work well under pressure;
- A cooperative team player;
- A solid work ethic: dedicated and reliable;
- Availability to work overtime as needed
You might say this network gives cable TV some street cred. Black Entertainment Television operates BET, the leading cable channel targeting...