Headquartered in Wilmington, Del., Barclaycard US creates customized, co-branded credit card programs for some of the country's most successful travel, entertainment, retail, affinity and financial institutions. The business employs 1,300 associates.
Barclaycard, part of Barclays Global Retail Banking division, is a leading global payment business that helps consumers, retailers and businesses to make and accept payments flexibly, and to access short-term credit when needed.
The company is one of the pioneers of new forms of payments, and is at the forefront of developing viable contactless and mobile payment options for today and cutting edge forms of payment for the future. It also issues credit and charge cards to corporate customers and the British Government. Barclaycard partners with a wide range of organizations across the globe to offer their customers or members payment options and credit.
Barclaycard operates in the United States, Europe, Africa and the Middle and Far East.
- Monitors phones and screens calls ensuring proper referrals
- Responds to routine and non-routine questions
- Sorts, distributes, prioritizes mail; makes travel arrangements
- Schedules appointments for supervisor and group meetings
- Maintains departmental calendar
- Uses PC and multiple software packages for moderately complex support functions
- Gathers information and data as directed; compiles data and creates reports
- May maintain department budget.; prepares, formats, edits routine to complex documents; composes routine correspondence; signs and releases correspondence in supervisor's absence; sets up and maintains filing systems;
- Impacts the working efficiency of direct supervisor and department.
- Performs moderately complex administrative duties.
- Refers complex or unusual problems to supervisor.
- Receives general supervision/instruction.
- Recommends and implements changes on own work processes/procedures.
- Sets own work priorities.
- Requires a high school diploma and a minimum of 3-5 years administrative experience, or equivalent overall experience.
- Demonstrated skills in word processing or PC applications is required. .
- Intermediate - advanced Bank related software skills (MS Office, Access, etc.)
- General knowledge of Company policies and procedures and the ability to apply that knowledge. *Demonstrated mastery of AA job, typically gained through 1-2 years in that role.
- Some college or formal education preferred
Barclays - 12 months ago