Primarily responsible for assisting executive-level management in all areas of administrative support, including Operations and Legal groups.
Key Accountabilities: Include the following and other duties may be assigned.
• Responsible for managing and maintaining schedules, requiring interaction with both internal and external executives and assistants, as well as other parties, to coordinate a variety of meetings.
• Answer and direct incoming calls to appropriate party promptly and efficiently.
• Communicate and handle outgoing electronic communications for the assigned groups.
• Assist with preparation of presentation and other meeting materials.
• Review and summarize analytical reports and documents for the assigned groups including, but not limited to, budgeting documents, etc.
• Assist in drafting initial budget forecasts for the assigned groups.
• Prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously, and follow through on issues in a timely manner.
• Arrange travel schedules and reservations for executive management as needed including arranging transportation for company executives and visitors as necessary.
• Develop reconciliation reports for company credit card accounts.
• Maintain department files and records as required.
• Maintain internal company sites such as SharePoint, contract management site, etc.
• Initiate and draft routine communications on corporate actions such as reelections, distributions, etc.
• Support other department’s administrative needs as necessary.
All employees at Buckeye should exhibit Buckeye’s values of being a Reliable, Safe, Environmentally Responsible, Low-Cost Provider, of showing and accepting Accountability, and being Entrepreneurial.
Buckeye wants to create and reward an organizational focus that stimulates the creative and entrepreneurial actions of its employees that result in innovative ways of reducing costs, generating revenues, improving productivity, or improving processes.
Buckeye employees must display the following competencies to be successful:
Accountability - Accepts responsibility for decisions and how their decisions affect others.
Safety/Environmental - Understands and enhances the safety of our employees, our customers and the public to protect the environment.
Business Acumen - Understands the broader financial implications of one’s responsibilities and the link to the “bottom line” of Buckeye’s business.
Communication and Feedback - Shares information effectively, in the appropriate timeframe, as well as effectively using listening skills when working with others.
Diversity Awareness - Values and respects individual differences, while supporting an inclusive work environment.
Entrepreneurial Spirit - Operates as if Buckeye was his/her own company.
Problem Solving and Decision Making - Organizes parts of a problem in a systematic and logical way in order to recognize relationships, identify alternative solutions, set priorities and make sound decisions that align with Buckeye’s Key Values and Guiding Principles.
Adaptability - Managing Change - Works efficiently in a constantly changing environment, demonstrating a willingness to learn, to take new and unique ideas, concepts, strategies, and approaches and apply them for positive results.
Results Driven - Continually improves performance, approaching work in ways that support the accomplishment of results and meeting/exceeding Buckeye’s performance objectives.
Technical Expertise - Effectively applies knowledge and skills within a particular area of expertise and keeps abreast of new knowledge and developments in one’s area of expertise and/or responsibility.
Leadership - Values effort, teamwork, innovation and results.
People Development - Develops others’ capabilities to empower them to reach their potential.
Strategic Thinking - Links long range vision and concepts to dialing work integrating information to help focus the efforts of others and align goals with overall strategy.
Visionary - Thinks creatively and devises plans for organizational activities, goals and priorities that with take Buckeye in the desired direction.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• HS Diploma or equivalent required.
• Bachelor’s Degree in business related discipline is a plus.
• 6+ years progressive administrative experience at the executive level required.
• Experience supporting and interacting with senior level management required, preferably at the executive level.
• Experience utilizing MS Office to provide administrative support is required.
Other skills, attributes and abilities:
• The position requires the ability to assist and interact with Executives and Company Board Members in an articulate, professional manner.
• Incumbents must exercise professional verbal and written communication skills. Must be able to positively represent the company at all times.
• Discretion and tact is required in dealing with sensitive issues.
• Must possess a high degree of organizational skills and have the ability to handle multiple tasks at once.
• Must be able to adapt and make critical decisions quickly and be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Ability to transcribe in shorthand is a plus.
Certificates and Licenses:
• Notary public preferred.
• Normal office environment.
Buckeye Partners, L.P. - 2 years ago