Reports to : Executive Assistant
Position Status: Full Time
Available Openings : One
FLSA Status : Exempt
Position Closes : Open until filled
Salary : Commensurate with Experience
Location: San Diego , CA
Job Number: 2013-20-San Diego-34 R
The Executive Assistant (EA) will be responsible for coordinating the activities and ensuring timely flow of information to and from the Executive Director’s office. The EA will handle details of a highly confidential and critical nature, and must function efficiently and effectively in a fast-paced professional environment. The (EA) will have a proven ability to independently manage multiple tasks and projects with competing priorities and deadlines, screen and prioritize communications and opportunities from external and internal sources, and organize and maintain administrative processes. The ideal candidate will be highly, organized, reliable, trust worthy, possess excellent judgment and be able to support cross-functional tasks and projects in a dynamic work environment.
Essential Functions and responsibilities
The ideal candidate will handle a wide range of administrative and executive support related tasks and should be able to work both independently and with other senior members of the management team. The ideal candidate has proven ability to interact with different levels of staff, clients, and partners and shown to be flexible, proactive, professional, resourceful and efficient.
Handle confidential information in a professional and discreet manner.
Anticipate the Executive Director's needs and proactively bring together appropriate people and resources to support the Executive Director in addressing issues.
Manage external contacts for Executive Director, proactively understanding who they are, which priority contacts are and keeping track of periodic communication needed for priority contacts. Act as the Executive Director’s representative and ambassador to external constituents as directed.
When the Executive Director chairs meetings: Prepare agenda in advance; assist with and provide research/background information, content development, and creation of presentations and coordinate meetings.
Manage the daily schedule of Executive Director, ensuring that the EA knows the Executive Director’s schedule 24 hours in advance and keeping appointments and meetings on time or changing schedules when necessary; develop and maintain a system that alerts to upcoming deadlines on incoming requests or events.
Process and compose correspondence and reports for Executive Director and/or executive team members and maintain expenses for Executive Director.
Manage Executive Director travel arrangements and proactively coordinate the pre-planning of trips with various internal functions, including arranging appropriate travel, visas, agendas and necessary contacts, country information, medicines, CCSE marketing materials, and other necessary preparations.
Act as the lead in preparation for quarterly Board Meetings, including tracking, monitoring and following the progress of open action items, drafting the agenda, setting the timetable and owners for board material preparation, producing a final draft of the Board Book, and producing accurate Board minutes at each meeting.
Manage effective contacts and relationships with Board Members, including arranging board member travel arrangements, expense reimbursements, and board meeting logistics, and acting as a first point of contact for Board Member queries.
Understand organizational policies and procedures necessary to ensure appropriate decision-making protocols are followed.
Ensure that various administrative tasks are done in an effective and efficient manner, including copying, reviewing outside mail, drafting correspondence, screening phone calls when requested, and maintaining executive files as needed.
Preferred Qualifications :
- Minimum 8-10 years or equivalent work-related experience supporting C-level Executives and experience working with Boards of Directors, necessary.
- Demonstrated ability to handle confidential information appropriately.
- Strong administrative skills including knowledge experience with Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access.
- Extensive experience in administrative preparation of board presentations.
- Excellent written, attention to detail and verbal communication skills, ability to stay focused, efficient, and effective in managing multiple priorities, ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees and outside contacts.
- Professional demeanor, ability to defuse emotional situations in a calm manner, interpersonal skills and good judgment.
- Proven ability to work independently to achieve accomplishments, support the administrative needs of several key staff members in addition to the Executive Director.
- Provide after hour and flexible support a must.
- Ability to travel.
- Prior experience working with public utility agencies, non-profit and/or Energy Company.
Education and/or Experience:
- Knowledge of CCSE Programs.
- Knowledge of CPUC energy efficiency program delivery.
License, Certificates or Registrations:
- High school diploma or equivalent. Bachelor's degree preferred. Minimum 8-10 years of relevant experience.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks with attention to detail and excel in a fast-paced environment.
- Effectively able to communicate with very senior counterparts of the Executive Director outside the company.
- Flexible, able to deal with change and uncertainty.
- Ability to work well with all levels of management, staff, governance, clients and vendors.
Valid California Drivers License with clean driving record; insurable in the State of California. Must own a licensed and registered vehicle and be willing to use it for work-related purposes.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Some positions will require the performance of other essential and marginal functions depending upon work location, assignment, or shift.
- Employee will work in an office environment and must possess the physical abilities to utilize standard office equipment: computer, telephone, copier etc.
- Work safely without presenting a direct threat to self or others.
- Job responsibilities may require the use of personal or CCSE vehicles on CCSE business. Must be physically capable of operating the vehicles safely, possess a valid driver's license, and have an acceptable driving record. Use of a personal vehicle for CCSE business will be prohibited if the employee is not authorized to drive a CCSE vehicle or if the employee does not have personal insurance coverage.
- May work some evenings and weekends or work longer hours to meet deadlines.
Download and fill the CCSE Application for Employment Form
Please send a resume, application and cover letter along with salary history via e-mail to email@example.com .
Center for Sustainable Energy
- 18 months ago - save job
CCSE is an independent, nonprofit organization that accelerates the adoption of clean and efficient energy solutions throughout California....