We are looking for a highly motivated, highly organized, super-skilled administrative professional! The main responsibilities of this position will be to undertake all administrative requirements of this role, understanding the responsibilities and motivations of the organization’s goals and objectives in order to complete tasks on behalf of multiple Directors. Uses discretion in handling details of a highly confidential and sensitive nature. Work requires initiative and independent judgment. Escalates issues when appropriate. Prepares sensitive information for use in discussions and meetings within the organization and with outside individuals. The person hired into this role must be a team player who is proactive, cooperative, collaborative, flexible, identifies process improvement opportunities, loves to learn new skills and has a positive mindset. Models integrity, poise, high energy and a strong sense of urgency, acting as an extension of the leadership team. Seeks proactive and creative win/win alternatives for leader and key stakeholders, constantly assessing changing priorities and complex schedules.
Job Responsibilities Include:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required, both at the peer and executive level
- Maintain a highly adaptable attitude with the ability to change direction quickly
- Excellent organizational skills with high attention to detail
- Proactive and self-motivated with an ability to take direction in a very fast paced environment
- EA must be very open and collaborative
- EA has "ear-to-the-ground" among staff and is the eyes and ears for this remote executive
- Be a team player and leader in a dynamic and changeable environment
Periodic support for OD, DoD Sales includes:
- Strategically manage and maintain the schedule of the sales Operations director for DoD.
- As a proactive business partner, represent the OD and act as liaison between OD and their management, peers and organization
- Arrange and coordinate business travel, quickly and efficiently handling changes as they occur
- Plan, coordinate, and execute all types of local and global meetings and events
- Compose correspondence and messaging for distribution from the executive
- Edit PowerPoint presentations as needed
- Maintain and follow up on Action Item lists coming out of staff meetings
- Research and analyze data within the context of a project, departmental needs, or company direction and make recommendations for action or changes as appropriate
- Handle multiple tasks, switching priorities and focus as needed
- Work directly with the Operations team on a variety of internal departmental business requirements which may include tracking initiatives and projects, meeting preparations and other types of confidential matters
- Handle a large volume of incoming communications which includes monitoring email and redirecting as appropriate
- Accurate and timely handling of expense reports
- Maintain accurate record of the sales territory to include account assignments by sales person, zip codes, teams and geographic assignments. Work with appropriate personnel to correct errors in territory and make changes as assigned by local management.
- Attend all meetings and appropriate training sessions.
- Plan and implement local sales events, meetings, seminars, classes, training session for both employees and customers as requested by local management.
- Act as your sales organization’s information center by retaining electronic files, releases, deadlines and all pertinent official correspondence.
- Act as point of contact for customer assistance, corporate-level requests and, if needed, facility-related questions.
- Assure new-hire employees in your sales organization have all necessary tools and information to start.
- Work with re-sellers and partners as a point of contact and resource.
This position requires exceptional MS Office 2010 skills – Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint. At least 7+ years of experience at Senior level Executive support. The candidate MUST have prior experience supporting VP’s. The ideal candidate will demonstrate a high level of tact and professionalism, very strong communication skills, the ability to handle multiple tasks, and the ability to complete project work while at the same time attending to work that is urgent. Great attention to detail with the maturity to handle confidential information is a must.
- Create collaborative processes with other administrative personnel to optimize cross-unit functions
- Build effective and inclusive relationships with personnel at a variety of levels
- Provide guidance to other employees regarding new methods, assignments or procedures
- Suggest relevant process improvements
- Exercise excellent judgment within areas of responsibility
All candidates applying for this position must have a proven work history reflecting support of senior management, ability to make sound decisions, ability to take action, direct action and motivate others to do the same. The candidate will also appreciate the value of change and be willing to act and contribute as a "change agent."
Are you changing the world? We are.
Cisco, a worldwide leader in IT, is changing the way the world works, lives, plays and learns. Our...