Position: Citizen Action of New York – Executive Assistant
Citizen Action of New York is a statewide grassroots membership organization that fights for social, racial, environmental and economic justice. We work at the grassroots to give people a sense of their own power. We collaborate with organizations and coalitions in communities throughout New York to win on key issues and elect progressive candidates at the local, state and federal levels.
Citizen Action of New York is seeking an Executive Assistant to serve in our Albany office. The primary responsibilities of the Executive Assistant include offering administrative and program support to the organization's senior staff in our Albany office, as well as additional administrative support to our six regional offices.
- Manage general office operations, including ordering supplies, managing phone systems, and distributing mail
- Drafting correspondence, or other documents, as necessary
- Coordinate membership program, including data entry, processing, and follow-up with members
- Coordinate logistics for all statewide or Albany-based organizational events and meetings, including annual leadership conference, board meetings, staff meetings, and advocacy days
- Assist Executive Director with management of Board of Directors meetings, including keeping minutes and managing other communications
- Assisting central staff with research and writing projects
- Writing documents for press distribution, pitching stories to press
- Assisting with execution of Citizen Action's social media strategy, including posting to Facebook and Twitter
An ideal candidate will have the following qualifications
- Communicating with members and small-donors individually to resolve membership issues
- Maintain portions of organization's website
- At least one year experience as an administrative assistant
- Knowledge of New York's political landscape
- Strong computer skills
- Strong inter-personal skills
- Ability to manage a multitude of tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Commitment to progressive change and movement-building
- Skills with website publishing and graphic design a plus
- Experience using Adobe design software, including Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator a plus
This position is based in Albany, NY.
- Willingness to work long or irregular hours, attend evening and weekend events, and travel, as necessary
Salary and benefits: Citizen Action of New York offers competitive salaries and a full benefits package.
Citizen Action of New York is an equal opportunity employer. People of color are strongly encouraged to apply.
idealist.org - 13 months ago