We are seeking an experienced administrative assistant to provide high-level administrative, coordination and project management support to principals in the Finance and Tax departments of our organization. To be successful in this role, candidate needs to demonstrate a strong ability to anticipate situations, be flexible and adaptive of their manager’s changing needs while balancing the duties for the executives and the team projects. Seeking a candidate that enjoys the administrative challenges of supporting a team with diverse people and programs.
Principal Responsibilities include but not limited to
Education and Experience:
- Calendar management for executives
- Coordinating and scheduling domestic and international travel/meetings
- Preparing and submitting expense reports
- Answer phones and handle inquiries; direct/route calls to appropriate parties
- Handle incoming and outgoing electronic communications on behalf of managers
- Create and develop general correspondence, memos, charts, tables, graphs, business plans, proposals and presentations
- Routine and complex document preparation including editing/proofing financial statements and 10Qs; and other miscellaneous reports
- Prepare documents and outgoing mail as necessary
- Project management responsibilities include researching, assembling, and/or compiling relevant data, statistics, information, and reports
- Prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously, and follow through on issues in a timely manner
- Work independently and as a member of the administrative team to lead and assist with office tasks and for any special projects that may arise.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- At minimum of five to seven years as an administrative professional supporting executive level management
- Business school, Associate’s degree or equivalent is desired
Cognizant is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
- Experience with arranging travel plans and the reconciliation of expenses.
- Strong initiative and follow-through are essential
- Must possess the ability to build professional relationships within the department and across the organization
- Experience working independently and as an effective and engaged team member with an ability to succeed in a face paced organization and an interest in conducting and contributing to projects is extremely important.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required. Must have a good command of the English language, oral and written.
- Self-motivated with ability to think outside the box, take initiative when appropriate and follow through are essential.
- Seeks out the most efficient process to complete a task and exercises good judgment
- Able to be flexible and move swiftly and efficiently in any given situation or task assigned.
- Must have strong organizational skills and have a high attention to detail with a desire to get the job completed accurately and in a timely manner
- A professional appearance and telephone manner is essential
- Knowledge of the Finance area would be a plus, but not required
- Proven experience handling confidential and sensitive information
- Advanced knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and internet skills is required
Cognizant - 2 years ago
Cognizant Technology Solutions remains mindful of the state of your technology. Cognizant provides application maintenance services,...