Making Life Even Better.
When it comes to the vision of shaping discovery and improving life, no other company can match the breadth of products and services in the life sciences field to meet this vision than Life Technologies. Created through the combination of biotechnology leaders Applied Biosystems and Invitrogen, Life Technologies' systems, consumables and services enable researchers to accelerate scientific exploration, driving to discoveries and developments that improve the human condition and the world around us. Our customers do their work across the biological spectrum, working to advance personalized medicine, regenerative science, molecular diagnostics, agricultural and environmental research, and 21st century forensics. With historical sales of approximately $3.5 billion, a presence in more than 100 countries, and a rapidly growing intellectual property estate of over 3,600 patents and exclusive licenses, we are poised to truly shape the world of science. Join a team of more than 9,500 employees around the world who are engaged, curious, insightful, responsible and driven to make life even better.
Life Technologies has an immediate opportunity available for an Executive Assistant to support the Medical Sciences, Bioinformatics Leader.
NATURE AND SCOPE:
- Manage executive calendars.
- Assist with travel needs and independently coordinate complex, international and domestic travel arrangements, typically involving multiple changes and destinations based on understanding of availability and obligations.
- Develop and maintain operating mechanisms working in conjunction with the leadership team.
- Complete executive expense reporting and invoicing.
- Arrange conference calls, video conferences or data conferences often involving global audiences.
- Assists with the coordination and planning of special events and large meetings (e.g. Staff meetings, etc.).
- Collect and prepare information for use in discussions/meetings of executive staff and outside individuals.
- Perform advanced word processing and advanced excel to include complex presentations Research, compile, summarize, and analyze information to formulate correspondence and respond to various inquiries from internal and external customers. Utilize company personnel at all organizational levels to gather information to prepare reports.
- Assist in internal and external communications.
- Maintain organization charts, company distribution lists, site LifeLink page, etc.
- Act as primary point of contact for phone calls, mail and other correspondence as needed.
- Complete projects and special assignments as assigned by establishing objectives, determining priorities, managing time, gaining cooperation of others, monitoring progress and problem-solving.
- May perform personal assistant duties as assigned or requested.
- May be required to perform other related duties as required and/or assigned.
Provide high level support in a fast-paced environment. Excellent written and oral communication skills are required. Accuracy is required in performing all functions of this position. Initiative and organization skills are extremely valuable to ensure a smooth office operation. Job encounters varying work situations, involving significant complexity. Must be able to interface effectively within all levels of the organization and with senior executives outside the company. Must demonstrate judgment, tact and diplomacy in dealing with internal and external customers as well the ability to handle highly confidential and proprietary information. Must possess self-motivation, enthusiasm, a positive attitude and perform as a team player. Must demonstrate effective leadership in a team environment, exude self-confidence and inspire confidence in others.
- Associates or Bachelors degree in Business or the equivalent knowledge and experience required.
- Requires a minimum of eight to ten years of related specialized administrative experience.
- Must demonstrate exceptional computer skills and software application proficiency.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work and activities to meet deadlines.
- A track record of serious commitment to accuracy and quality while meeting goals or deadlines.
- Demonstrated exceptional work ethic, and a "can-do" attitude.
- Positive attitude and energy. Places high priority on personal and professional growth.
- Extremely creative, consistently generates new and original ideas.
- Experience working across all levels of an organization.
Compendia Bioscience, Inc. - 23 months ago