DRS Technologies, Inc. is a leading supplier of integrated products, services and support to military forces, intelligence agencies and prime contractors worldwide. Focused on defense technology, we develop, manufacture and support a broad range of systems for mission critical and military sustainment requirements, as well as homeland security.
Headquartered in Arlington, VA, the Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Finmeccanica S.p.A. which employs more than 70,000 people worldwide. We offer a competitive compensation package and a business culture which rewards performance. For additional information on DRS, please visit our website at www.drs.com .
DRS Integrated Defense Systems and Solutions is a best-in-class developer of advanced electronic systems and other military technologies to support the warfighter and peacekeeper. Headquartered in Rockville, Md., the company is composed of seven lines of business with annual revenues of $1.4 billion. Our more than 3,700 employees around the globe include a number of committed DRS IDSS staff working side-by-side in theater with American and Allied soldiers. DRS IDSS provides products, services and systems integration in the areas of intelligence and sensor technologies, security, cyber, sonar, communications, electronic warfare, training systems, satellite communications, avionics, control systems and unmanned technologies.
Job Location Gaithersburg, MD
Provides a variety of advanced and confidential administrative responsibilities in support of the executive(s). Develops and utilizes broad and comprehensive knowledge of Lines of Business, policies and procedures in performing both routine and non-routine duties. Makes independent decisions regarding planning, organizing and scheduling work. Responsible for efficient office operation and maintenance of protocol in relieving the executive(s) of administrative detail. Responsible for conducting special projects given by the executive(s). Consistently works on complex assignments requiring intermediate action and a high degree or initiative to resolve issues. Acts independently to determine methods and procedures on new assignments.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists executive with administrative details, often of a confidential nature.
- Manages incoming calls, calendars and schedules appointments, meetings and all details related to travel. Negotiates meeting times with meeting participants to minimize the impact to existing business operations.
- Assemble and analyze information to prepare agendas, correspondence, memoranda, reports and presentations. Prepare materials from very rough drafts to final materials.
- Manages forms, documents and reports and provides feedback to requesting party on signature status.
- Follows up on information needed from other departments and individuals for inclusion in reports, summaries or schedules. Ensures that data submitted by others is complete, in proper format and on time.
- Read incoming/ outgoing correspondence for executive approval and alert writers to any conflicts or departure from policies or the executive’s viewpoint.
- Coordinate preparation of reports such as budget expenditures, weekly reports, statistical reports, or performance measures
- Coordinates domestic and international travel arrangements within company policy, expense report processing and reimbursements. Prepares itinerary and related documents for traveler. Also files several pre-travel and post-travel forms for multiple 3-letter agencies due to clearances.
- Support, communicate, reinforce and defend the mission, values and culture of the organization.
- Associates degree or equivalent work.
- Must have a minimum of 7 years of executive administrative experience, 3–5 years of administrative experience reporting to a Vice President.
- Must be an expert in MS Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- Must be able to interact and communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Must be able to initiate and build relationships with peers and key individuals in other organizations to facilitate teamwork and execution of key projects.
- Must be able to tolerate interruptions yet stay focused on key priorities.
- Work requires continual attention to detail in composing and proofing materials, establishing priorities and meeting deadlines.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands.
- Must have refined level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations.
- Must be able to represent DRS professionally when speaking to customers, partners or suppliers.
- US Citizenship with the ability to obtain a security clearance is required.
DRS is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state or local law. We are committed to recruiting and retaining the best talent in the defense and commercial technology areas.
DRS Technologies - 17 months ago
DRS Technologies has zeroed in on its target -- to be the fastest growing defense company in the world. It offers mission-critical products...