The ideal candidate will be a polished professional who is genuinely passionate about the work of an Executive Assistant and who understands the importance of their role in the organization.
The Executive Assistant serves as a liaison to the senior management team, organizes and coordinates executive outreach and travel, and oversees special projects. The candidate will have initiative and ability to learn quickly, as well as experience handling complex and urgent scheduling across international time zones.
The ability to interact with staff (at all levels including the Board of Directors) in a fast paced environment, sometimes under pressure, while remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient, with a high level of professionalism is crucial to this role. Some after-hours accessibility will be necessary to assist the CEO with any pertinent needs that may arise.
The ideal candidate will enjoy working within a small, entrepreneurial, results-driven environment. Ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, strong written and verbal communication skills, attention to detail, administrative and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities are necessary to gain the trust and respect of C-level executives such that they know their needs will be met.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor's Degree (BA) from a four-year college or university, or 3+ years of experience providing impeccable support to a C level executive in a similar, high expectations setting. Start-up experience is a must. Demonstrated ability to thrive in a highly leveraged and empowered setting is absolutely essential.
Key tasks include:
- A broad variety of administrative tasks for the CEO including: managing an extremely active calendar of appointments; completing expense reports, composing and preparing correspondence that is sometimes confidential, arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas, and compiling documents for travel-related meetings.
- Ensures the CEO's schedule is well-coordinated, followed and respected.
- Provides "gatekeeper" and "gateway" role, creating win-win situations for direct access to the CEO's time and office.
- Works closely and effectively with the CEO and is able to keep him well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately.
- Has a sense for the issues taking place in the environment and keeps the CEO updated.
- Prioritizes conflicting needs, handles matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
- Able to shift gears and reprioritize with the constantly changing demands.
- Handles confidential information with a high degree of independent judgment to ensure the integrity of all incoming and outgoing information.
- Provides administrative support to other executive level positions as directed.
- Works closely and effectively with the Office Manager on special projects, events, day-to-day tasks, etc.
- Handles personal matters, errands, etc. as needed.
- Assist with food orders, luncheon planning, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Flawless execution of administrative activities, with high attention to detail, organization and process.
- Strong teamwork skills, and a strong ability to offer suggestions and improvements to process and work effectively with all personalities.
- Strong relationship management skills
- Ability to be flexible in response to changing priorities and needs.
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to continuously acquire new competencies and accept new challenges.
- Strong Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook (email and calendaring) skills.
- Strong communication – in person, by email & tweet.
Datasift - 20 months ago
DataSift was founded by Nick Halstead to help organizations improve their understanding and use of Social Media. DataSift is focused on...