Provide administrative support to EVP and assist the networks Communications teams in the execution of networks communications strategies and priorities.
Provide general office support including: schedule supervisor's appointments, maintain and update supervisor's daily calendar.
Arrange travel itineraries and prepares travel and expense reports for EVP. Monitor department monthly expenses, reconciles budget, and refers discrepancies for resolution.
Assist communications team members on various department initiatives including: corporate and programming events, press conferences, media outreach, and marketing material design and production. Work with external communications team to issue press releases and media advisories.
Manage, submit and track financial and expense reports
Assist with internal and external meeting preparation, including room reservations, catering & AV needs.
Create and maintain general filing system.
Maintain and order office supplies.
Type and compose emails, memorandums, documents and correspondence.
Provide telephone coverage for EVP; screen & route calls; respond to internal and external inquiries and provide information within scope of authority.
Provide general office support such as copying and faxing
Review, route and disseminate interoffice and external mail.
Work on special projects and perform other related duties as assigned.
* Bachelor's degree or Associates degree with equivalent work experience
* 3-5 years administrative, business or communications experience
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills, writing and editing ability focused primarily on correspondence and related documents, highly responsible and sensitive to quick turnaround deadlines
* Exceptional interpersonal, organizational, prioritization, and administrative skills
* Absolute proficiency is necessary in Windows, Lotus Notes, Word, Excel, PowerPoint (a must), Calendar Creator and Organizer, Access, and database management
* Significant level of discretion due to exposure to confidential information and high-profile individuals.
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
Discovery Communications, Inc. - 11 months ago
Discovery Communications allows viewers to go on safari without ever having to leave their couch. It is the world's #1 non-fiction...