Provide high level support for the EVP of Ad Sales in day to day and administrative functions. Maintain organization within the team.
1. All administrative duties which Include but are not limited to:
2. Schedule internal and external appointments, meetings and maintain calendar.
3. Arrange all meeting details e.g. scheduling conference rooms, bridge lines, catering, and audio/visual support.
4. Coordinate and prepare meeting materials, agendas, notes, handouts, etc.
5. Function as administrative liaison to department staff, as well as other DCL groups.
6. Primary contact for all internal/external phone calls; route calls to the appropriate group, take messages, return calls as directed, respond to inquiries on a timely basis, and provide routine information (within scope of authority).
7. Compose correspondence, minutes, presentations, and other documents.
8. Open, review and disseminate non-confidential interoffice and external mail, distribute correspondence and other material to staff as directed.
9. Maintain hard copy and e-files.
10. Coordinate travel arrangements, and prepare travel itineraries.
11. Prepare, process and approve (within scope of authority) invoices and travel and expense reports.
12. Provide general clerical support (xeroxing, faxing, ordering supplies, etc.).
13. Responsible for handling confidential/sensitive information and documentation.
14. Assist with special projects and perform other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of skills, training and experience.
* Minimum of five years experience supporting executive level.
* Individual must be detail oriented, possess strong organizational and communication (written/verbal) skills.
* Candidate must have strong interpersonal skills, should be flexible, and work well both independently and as part of a team.
* Demonstrated expertise in Windows applications (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Outlook).
* Must have the ability to assess and juggle priorities, successfully complete multiple tasks/projects within required timelines, and to bring issues to closure.
* Individual must demonstrate initiative and be resourceful.
* Position requires the assistant to handle confidential matters and documentation professionally and within company policy.
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
Discovery Communications, Inc. - 18 months ago
Discovery Communications allows viewers to go on safari without ever having to leave their couch. It is the world's #1 non-fiction...