Michael J. Rouse; President, Co-Founder
ESF Summer Camps has been a vital influence in the camping industry since its evolution in 1982. ESF (Education, Sports and Fun) features award-winning camp programs in Pennsylvania, Delaware, New Jersey, Connecticut, New York, Maryland and Florida for people of all ages.
General Responsibilities :
- Serve as a liaison for team members, parents, campers, site schools faculty, Heads of School, etc. on behalf of President.
- Prepare correspondence via email, typed or handwritten letters when appropriate and transcribe dictation.
- Responsible for heavy calendar management. Communicate with internal staff and outside individuals to schedule various complex meetings, site visits and conference calls. Arrange for venues, food and beverages and audio-visual equipment when necessary. Also assist outside individuals with administrative duties when necessary, arranging transportation/travel as needed.
- Arrange detailed travel for both business and personal trips, including commercial aircraft, car service, hotel, dinners, appointments, etc. All travel arrangements are subject to last minute changes.
- Track, submit and process expense reports.
- Work on various assignments related to President’s involvement with ESF Dream Camp Foundation, AWB Foundation, boards and other future entities.
- Develop a system to ensure that tasks assigned to staff members by President are completed and submitted on time.
- Oversee other staff members working on large-scale projects.
Administrative Duties :
- Perform general administrative tasks such as typing, mailing, copying, faxing, scanning, etc.
- Manage a heavy volume of calls per day. Interface with internal and external callers and relay messages to and from President in a timely manner. Screen and direct calls to appropriate party promptly and efficiently. Retrieve voicemail throughout the day and keep running log of outstanding calls.
- Record, transcribe and distribute minutes of meetings.
- Sort and prioritize high volume of mail daily.
- Delete spam and junk mail each day and bring attention to any emails that need to be addressed.
- Set up files for all meeting correspondence.
- Keep President organized and on schedule during the day.
- Archive any items in President’s office that can be stored off-site.
- As the season changes, new jobs and duties will be added.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Must have prior experience working as an Executive Assistant, preferably at the CEO or COO level.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point, Access Internet Explorer and Dictaphone/Fast Long Hand.
- Able to interact with staff of all levels in a fast paced environment with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality.
- Must be flexible, pro-active, organized, resourceful and efficient.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong decision making ability and attention to detail.
- Able to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously and follow through on issues in a timely manner.
ESF (which stands for Education, Sports, and Fun) has been a pioneering force in summer day camps since its humble beginnings in 1982 by...